What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

WWDC 2012 Official, June 11-15, iOS, OSX equal billing - Round Rects for the win! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
IOS 6 Betas to devs tomorrow, count on it.
http://instagr.am/p/LrbKZhhhwl/
Re: Parallels- its part of the latest $50 bundle.
http://www.mupromo.com/

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yes, I upgraded Parallels through the Mac Update bundle...same cost for the bundle of 11 apps as upgrading Parallels separately.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'll be broadcasting live from Aberdeen MD through the keynote tomorrow. =) Taking a few hours off so not to be rushed back to work. Looks like Ron has his official thread set to go so I assume he will keep the top post edited and we can discuss stuff as it happens via back and forth posts.
AFAICT there is no official live stream. Odd that Apple once embraced this and gave up on it. Perhaps as a nod to their love/hate relationship with the Apple tech press? ;p

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam,

You are correct.

I am so happy you'll be joining us.

Unfortunately, I am going to be at work (on what usually is
my day off). I do plan to keep on top of all the announcements
as they happen. Hopefully there will be no emergency at the
job today that will interfere.

Looking forward to this event. I may have a new laptop by
the end of the day....who knows.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If the rumors are right there won't be much need for me to upgrade my 13" air to a 15" Ivy Air-ified pro, but we'll see.
Hoping that the Mac Pro rumor is true and it has a graphics card option that knocks my socks off and makes me want to go drop the $2k+ I've been saving for my next photo editing rig. Sold off my 17" with the intention of putting that $1900 towards a monster desktop since the $1100 Air does everything I need (so far!) in a lightweight travel machine. It's going to take a monster upgrade to the MBP to make me change my mind.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, right now, as far as Macbook Pro rumors are
concerned, there doesn't look as if there is a huge
refresh being done. Reports this morning are citing
that the bodies won't be any thinner, the graphic cards
might remain the same and all we will get is a slight
speed bump with a possible retina display.

Hope the rumors are wrong. The only way I will even
consider buying a laptop today is if there is a total
redesign to make the 15" more like the AIR with an
announcement that the 17" Macbook Pro is being
discontinued.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I will say this:
I am going into this WWDC with the lowest expectations since the Intel transition announcement. I do not expect to be blown away by anything.
We'll see if I'm wrong. The nice thing about being a pessimist is that for any given prediction you are either right or pleasantly surprised.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/320292/wwdc-2012-official-june-11-15-ios-osx-equal-billing-round-rects-for-the-win#post_3937143
I will say this:
I am going into this WWDC with the lowest expectations since the Intel transition announcement. I do not expect to be blown away by anything.
We'll see if I'm wrong. The nice thing about being a pessimist is that for any given prediction you are either right or pleasantly surprised.

We love ya, Sam, but we know you'll be hyperventilating in 2 hours over greatness ;) Organize.App! WOW! :)

That having been said, I hope this is NOT true: http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/11/new-mac-pro-spec-bumped-macbook-pro-specs-new-airport-express-usb-superdrive-magsafes-coming-at-wwdc/

If the new MacPro blockbuster has these specs, then wow.. it's an upgrade from prior MacPro, but ATI 5770 (when they are rolling the second push on the 7xxx series right now?) and 2 quads plus one 6x6 Ivy? Hmm

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Matt, it's very scary right now.

There are a lot of pre-rumors that are shrinking expectations
of the new Macbooks.

I am hoping this is deliberate information that Apple (or otherwise)
has leaked out in an effort to fool people.

I think expectations are very high this time around for new,
innovative product and I hope Apple rises to the occasion.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You know, I'm not sure I expect EVERYTHING that's coming soon to be announced today. So if all we get is old-style MBP spec bumps, I wouldn't despair. I'm sure we'll see the new thin design MacBooks before the end of the month if we don't see them today.

In general, I'm with Sam. Keep expectations low. The rumors are NEVER 100% correct. I really expect the bulk of the keynote to be about iOS 6 and Mountain Lion, not hardware. Also hoping to see an Apple TV dev kit.

I'm home watching the TWIT TV live special (streamed to my iPhone and AirPlaying to my Apple TV) and watching the Engadget live blog. Being out of work has its perks... :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw a commercial during the nba finals game tonight for MacBook but all I caught was it has a retina display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks