3D WW ll in 3-D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by GregK, Mar 28, 2012.

1. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

Hi Steve,
    If time permits, try giving this disc another spin. I wonder if the 3-D function was inadvertantly shut off or in a wrong mode the first time around. I found this feature to have a healthy dose of parallax, more so than many of the recent wave of 3-D features.
    I've attached a couple of images from the 3D Bluray. One is in the R/L viewing configuration for glasses free viewing for those who how. The other two are shown in anaglyph (red lens over left eye) ..simply to highlight the parallax.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Image notes: The sample 3-D images above are shown as a R/L pair for glasses-free cross-eyed 3-D viewing, and as anaglyphs (red/cyan) to highlight parallax differences. The disc itself utilizes the recent 3-D Bluray standards for today's 3DTVs, bears the licensed 3D Bluray logo, and is mastered to play as standard 2-D on systems not equipped with 3-D capabilities.

2. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Is the Blu-ray in anaglyph? If it's anaglyph, I'll pass.
    To paraphrase Gilbert & Sullivan, I hate anaglyph with a loathing that borders on absolute detestation.
    Your matched stereo pair for free-eye viewing works very well with a Lorgnette viewer:
    [​IMG]
    It works for antique stereocards very well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

No, it's not anaglyph. Greg just created those images to show the amount of parallax between left/right.
    I really enjoyed this disc and thought the 3-D was quite good.
    It's nice to see something with real depth. I'm getting a bit annoyed with the nearly flat images being passed off as 3-D in many of the new films!
    Bob

4. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

Aren't you seeing those in reverse 3-D with that viewer???

5. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

Nope.
    The lenses toes the eye inward exactly the same as the stereo opticon:
    [​IMG]
    on it's more streamlined.

6. JamesNelson

JamesNelson Second Unit

I think Bob was referring to the fact that Greg's WWII screen cap was R/L while the stereocards are L/R. It's going to appear reverse 3-D for one of them.

7. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    All the settings on my Oppo and Mits are set to automatic. I am wondering if the disc is not flagged properly, and manual settings are required.

8. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

To avoid any confusion for those who may "skim" through these threads, I've modified my previous post with an image note at the bottom.
    Hi Steve,
    The reason I asked is my upstairs Vizio 3DTV, which I really do like, does have one small irrating quirk: When the display switches from 2-D to 3-D, it flashes an on-screen 3-D notice alert for roughly 5-7 seconds. If I don't select the OK part of the notice in that time period, the notice disappears and the display reverts to 2-D. If I don't have my remote in hand, its easy enough to switch it back into the 3-D mode anytime afterwards. But with possible little got-yas like that, I thought I would mention trying to give it another spin.