What's new

WTF ECW on SCIFI???? (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Don't get me wrong, I was a fan of WCW since the Jim Crocket Promotions took that name after it was bought by Turner until the bitter end of the company, so it was a strong part of my life. I was kind of joking when I made that comment, because of how most people remember WCW for the David Arqette title reign and its bad end days. So, if you were to tell someone that TNA is like WCW that's what they might think of.

On topic, this show has still not been good. Last night had a good opening and a good ending but good lord that middle sucked.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As far as live action on cartoon network, well, at least you can argue that 'cartoon' doesn't always mean 'hadn drawn', but wrestling and sci-fi? That's a major stretch.And the alternative??

If you say DVD, then I will respond to you with hundreds of DVD Complaint threads ;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

But, but, but, the show has a vampire and a zombie and a witch.

Actually though, you kind of reminded me of a story that I don't think has been mentioned yet. When Sci-Fi decided to pick up the show, they pitched a lot of suggestions for Sci-fi related storylines.

My favorite one, because I would love to see WWE try this for the disastrous consequences that would result, is that Sci-fi, (I kid you not) wanted ECW wrestlers to travel to other dimensions.

I think they should do it with Sandman.

I wish the rating for ECW would drop so it was no longer the highest rated regular show on the network anymore, just so that Sci-fi could go back to that storyline idea. I'd watch every week to see them do wacky Sandman skits where he's caning people in another dimension.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess I can agree that wrestling does meet 1/2 of the Sci-Fi category...

No offense to wrestling fans, but it does fall under 'fiction'. Now we just have to figure out the 'science' part of the equation.:D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, wrestling does have its own rules and laws of physics.

For example, in normal physics, if I were to whip you to the ropes in a wrestling ring, you would not automatically bounce back to me just by the momentum shift caused by hitting the ropes.

So bouncing off the ropes simply by being tossed in to them is the wrestling equivalent to going faster than the speed of light in Star Wars or the fact that there is sound in space on a lot of those shows.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I WILL say DVD. At least I don't have to buy all the ones that suck.
Cable was supposed to be so much more than what it is now.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I find myself looking at my hundreds of unwatched DVD's and thinking "Hmmmm, nothing good to watch" - just like I do when I flip through hundreds of cable channels and think "Nothing good is on" :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Remember to watch tonight for the most extreme match ever,

Big Show vs. Ric Flair... for the EXTREME Heavyweight Championship.

Right.

Any plans to bring back the TV Title?

ry

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I was stupefied last to night to see that the new ECW apparently features "extreme rules" matches, which means they have non-extreme rules matches that you can disqualified from, which was demonstrated when Sabu got DQ'd for elbowing Justin Credible through a table. What the hell? Maybe my memory's bad but I don't recall DQ finishes in the old ECW...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Your memory is not bad, its the show that's bad.

Well, the last 2 shows have had good main events, but as a whole it still sucks, I was glad to see the Big Show/Flair match and glad I watched the MLB allstar game during the rest of the show.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Sabu is being punished for his recent arrest for possession of drug paraphernalia and pills. Since Justin Credible can't convincingly beat Sabu cleanly in the short 5 minutes WWE allows for most undercard matches, they had him beat Sabu via D.Q. so that a loss goes into the "record books". He'll most likely be jobbing for a few months to come.

I fully expect him to be embarrassed on SNME because that's just the way Vince McMahon does business. I don't think they ever announced who his opponant will be, but I'm sure he'll face someone that would never be able to beat him under normal circumstances (Rob Conway? Eugene? Matt Striker?)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks