What's new

WoooHooo .. my new system ... (1 Viewer)

John Spicer

Agent
I finally upgraded the old old hardware into a nice new system with the patience of my wife. She doesnt seem to understand and I figured you would at least get it. Ive been waiting a long time to do this and I cant wait to put the system through its paces. Its a simple setup:
Sony 32" Wega
Sony VCR (for the occasional trip down memory lane)
Sony 655P CD/DVD Changer
H&K AVR320
B&W 603 s3 X 2
B&W 600 s3
B&W 601 s3 X 2
SVS PCi 25 31
Its a small and modest setup, but considering
the room is 20 x 15 it works well. WoooHoooo ;)
Happy New Year
-- John

DanaA

Screenwriter
Well, I wouldn't describe it as being modest at all. It's great. Did you Avia it yet? Let us know how it all sounds. ;)

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Nice system! A buddy of mine just set up his HT. He chose Yamaha RX-V630 with B&W 601S2s and 601S3s, ASW 600 sub and the LCR 60S3. How does the HK blend with your B&Ws?

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
I have a similar setup... only older. 603/601/CC6 S2 setup with an ASW1000 sub and a 32" Wega as well. It rocks for both HT and music.

I'm real happy with mine. Even after 2+ years, I really don't have the upgrade bug yet (thank goodness, cause I have no $$). I sense the speakers are capable of even more, so my next upgrade will probably be seprates with some solid amplification to replace my existing Marantz AVR.

Enjoy,
--Steve

John Spicer

Agent
The 320 blends perfectly with the B&W's in my opinion. The wife and I sat down and watched Shrek last night and I was blown away with the clarity and cleanliness at which the background music could be heard during the fades. Its crystal clear and well balanced across the spectrum at all SPL levels. At first I was a bit skeptical about combining the two since I didnt have as much exposure to the 320 as I would have liked prior to purchase. So far though my fears are unwarranted. Man, what a setup.

-- John

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Ooohhh, I'm jealous but I'm right on your heels. Just got the Marantz SR7300...B&W 603s3 (mains), 602s3 (rears), and lcr600s3 (center) are soon to come...after that, it's SVS time!!!

Glad to hear you're satisfied! I Can't wait!

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Ooohhh, I'm jealous but I'm right on your heels. Just got the Marantz SR7300...B&W 603s3 (mains), 602s3 (rears), and lcr600s3 (center) are soon to come...after that, it's SVS time!!!

Glad to hear your satisfied! I Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks