What's new

Woman crushed in rush at DVD sale (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I thought people could't have stooped lower by trampling over the woman to buy a DVD player...

Then i read about her history of "accidents"...

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
however, I do not see why an employee, who has invested time and loyalty to a company, should have to quit to improve their wages and benefits.
I like this thought. I am not satisfied anymore with how much money I make, so I should not have to go look for a better paying job, my employer should automatically pay me more.

Why on earth anyone should have to take personal responsibility for thier own financial future is beyond me.

:rolleyes

Chris

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
A person shouldn't have to quit their job just to seek better wages and benfits.
One corollary to your way of thinking is that no one could shop around to get the best price--ALL sellers should be able to dictate the price I'm willing to pay for their goods and services. Very few people would accept such a notion, yet it amounts to the same thing.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
This thread is pretty interesting.

The beginning of the thread: The Home Theater Forum largely ridicules the herd shopping mentality that would lead to people trampling someone for a 30 dollar DVD player. The people who shop at wal-mart day after thanksgiving are likened to cows and pigs, complete with mooing and soo-weee noises. It's made quite clear that the people waiting in line outside Wal Mart are beneath contempt, and their actions in trampling this poor woman are disgusting and no less than a sign of the fall of civilization. No one seems to really have a problem with this conclusion.

The middle of the thread: The Home Theater Forum is told of the anti-union, anti-employee and illegal and underhanded money-saving and employee abusing policies that go on in Wal Mart. After being presented with examples of these acts, people pretty much ignore or pay no attention to those facts, partially because they've used up all their righteous indignation on the unruly animalistic masses that shop at Wal-Mart, or because--

The End of the Thread: It turns out the woman was one of those professional scammers, who just happened to actually get hurt this time out. classic "Boy who cried wolf" thing going on. Except now, the same oinking, mooing, braindead, selfish and disgusting customers are chastised--but not for their piggish, selfish, careless nature, but instead, they're chastised for not trampling the scammer FURTHER, and the scammer, instead of being a victim of consumerism at it's worst (which, technically, she still is, people still knocked her over and trampled the hell out of her in order to get to a 30 dollar DVD player) is now beneath contempt and both Wal Mart's transgressions against basic workers rights and the Mob mentality of the shoppers is given a pass in order to vehemently call for the womans punishment and/or death.

Interesting how this one went.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks