What's new

Win XP Fat32=>NTFS (1 Viewer)

Gene S

Agent
When I install Win XP I know it will ask to convert my FAT32 partition to NTFS, but if I say no, can I do it later? I need the FAT partition to upgrade my Tivo next month. I would like to install WinXP keep the partition the way it is, then convert it to NTFS in about a month.

Gene

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Hugh M

Second Unit
you may have also considered this, but you can have different partitions and have them NTFS or FAT32..this way you can keep your data files in FAT32 always and still move "onward" with NTFS for some of your other partitions.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
The command that Jesse gave is how you convert it. Keep in mind though, that converting to NTFS is a one way deal. Once you convert it, you cannot convert back to FAT32 without wiping out the entire partition.

Gene S

Agent
Thanks for the replies.

The majority of my partitions I will convert over. (After my Tivo upgrade, which I will try and do tomorrow)I realise I can't go back to fat without reformatting, but I don't see a need for that.

Thanks again

Gene

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks