What's new

Win 10 vs Win 11 disk filling (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Has anyone who has upgraded to Win 11 seen any major changes in filling up their disk drives?

I bought a used Dell Optiplex 3060 which meets the specs for Win 11. It has a 256 GB SSD system disk, and a 512 GB HDD. The latter I use for back up. Right now fully loaded with my files and applications it's at about 80 GB, or about 1/3 full. Would taking the upgrade to Win 11 noticeably fill up more of the SSD? Bloatware I can always delete later.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dennis, I don't think so.

I upgraded more than a month ago and my impression is that disk load stays the same.
The process of upgrading works mostly like a new "feature-upgrade" anyway (like "21H1", this would be "21H2" or so) and isn't even shown properly in your update-history page.
The functional changes are there, of course (like the startbutton now being close to the middle of the bottom screen edge).

Cees

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I finally got everything moved over and it's at about 87 GB. I'm thinking of replacing the SATA SSD with one of those newer NVMe M.2 2280 ones that plug into the motherboard. They appear to be faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks