What's new
World Wide Stereo

Will this work on a HK 325 or HK330? (1 Viewer)

Here is what I am looking to do. I have a Sanyo Z1 currently connected to my DVD player via component cables. I have 1 set of component cables from my equipment rack in the closet to the projector in the ceiling. (cables were run in-wall before sheetrock went up) I want to get a new HK receiver but I want to make sure I can do this before I purchase. I'd like to use the receiver to switch my video to the projector. I will be hooking up the following to my receiver:

VCR via composite cable
Digital Cable Box via s-video (or component if I go HD)
DVD Player via component cables
Various other equipment through receiver front input via s-video or composite (gaming systems, karaoke, laptop, etc)

Can I pass the non-component signals (s-vid & composite) through the receiver to the projector via the component cables? I don't care about upconversion, just the ability to pass the signal through the receiver. Running another run of coax from the receiver to the projector is not currently an option.

Thank you for your advice.

728x90

Jason GT

Second Unit
The Harman does not convert different video inputs. If you want the Harman AVR to pass composite and s-video signals you will need to use its composite and S-video outs.

Just fyi, you are essentially looking for "up"conversion. Converting S-vid to composite and vice versa is quite common (this would allow you to put S-Vid and composite in and only S-vid out) but converting the either of these signal types to component is quite rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks