What's new

Will the Yamaha RXV-630 be powerful enough? (1 Viewer)

Spector

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all I just had a quick question for you guys. I am thinking about putting together my first real home theater system and this is what I have picked out so far.

Fluance AV-SC Center Channel $65.00
Fluance SV-10 $279.00
Fluance AV-BP2 Satellite Speakers $89.00
Dayon 10" Sub $105

Then the big question is, will this receiver -
Yamaha RXV-630 be powerful enough to handle this stuff? As far as I can tell it will be fine but just wanted a second opinion or other suggestions if you guys had them.

From everything I've read this should be a pretty good system, the only issue being that the fluance might not be perfectly matched with each other but me not being a huge audiophile this shouldnt be a big issue.

Thanks for any input.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Hi Spector,

The RXV-630 will be powerful enough for the Fluance set-up.

JB

Spector

Stunt Coordinator
The fact that the Yamaha is discontinued worries me some.

How about maybe a Harman Kardon AVR-225 or Denon 1804 or maybe the Onkyo SR501? I'm really just looking for the best receiver solution for 250 or so.

At this point I am highly considering a Onkyo SR501 (refurbished) They are only about 160$ from eCost and from what i've read they perform much better then a $160 dollar receiver. Anyone have any objections before I make buy all this stuff? :)

Or then again there is the Denon 1804 for $218. Is it worth 58$ over the Onkyo? Ahh so many choices.

Spector

Stunt Coordinator
The fact that the Yamaha is discontinued worries me some.

How about maybe a Harman Kardon AVR-225 or Denon 1804 or maybe the Onkyo SR501? I'm really just looking for the best receiver solution for 250 or so.

At this point I am highly considering a Onkyo SR501 (refurbished) They are only about 160$ from eCost and from what i've read they perform much better then a $160 dollar receiver. Anyone have any objections before I make buy all this stuff? :)

Or then again there is the Denon 1804 for $218. Is it worth 58$ over the Onkyo? Ahh so many choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks