Will the Yamaha RXV-630 be powerful enough?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Spector, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Spector

Spector Stunt Coordinator

Hey all I just had a quick question for you guys. I am thinking about putting together my first real home theater system and this is what I have picked out so far.

Fluance AV-SC Center Channel $65.00
    Fluance SV-10 $279.00
    Fluance AV-BP2 Satellite Speakers $89.00
    Dayon 10" Sub $105

Then the big question is, will this receiver -
    Yamaha RXV-630 be powerful enough to handle this stuff? As far as I can tell it will be fine but just wanted a second opinion or other suggestions if you guys had them.

From everything I've read this should be a pretty good system, the only issue being that the fluance might not be perfectly matched with each other but me not being a huge audiophile this shouldnt be a big issue.

Thanks for any input.

2. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

Hi Spector,

The RXV-630 will be powerful enough for the Fluance set-up.

JB

3. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

No problem! It's a great receiver. I own two of them!

4. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

No problem! It's a great receiver. I own two of them!

5. Spector

The fact that the Yamaha is discontinued worries me some.

How about maybe a Harman Kardon AVR-225 or Denon 1804 or maybe the Onkyo SR501? I'm really just looking for the best receiver solution for 250 or so.

At this point I am highly considering a Onkyo SR501 (refurbished) They are only about 160$ from eCost and from what i've read they perform much better then a $160 dollar receiver. Anyone have any objections before I make buy all this stuff? [​IMG]

Or then again there is the Denon 1804 for $218. Is it worth 58$ over the Onkyo? Ahh so many choices.

6. Spector

The fact that the Yamaha is discontinued worries me some.

How about maybe a Harman Kardon AVR-225 or Denon 1804 or maybe the Onkyo SR501? I'm really just looking for the best receiver solution for 250 or so.

At this point I am highly considering a Onkyo SR501 (refurbished) They are only about 160$ from eCost and from what i've read they perform much better then a $160 dollar receiver. Anyone have any objections before I make buy all this stuff? [​IMG]

Or then again there is the Denon 1804 for $218. Is it worth 58$ over the Onkyo? Ahh so many choices.