What's new

Wife bought me a Toshiba sd-k700/sd3750 (1 Viewer)

kieran

Auditioning
I think the subject DVD players are one and the same. My wife bought me the sd-k700 at costco. Bless her heart but I am think about taking it back and buying the panasonic RP91. I have heard the Toshiba has the Chroma bug, but besides from that is this a wise move? I have a Panasonic CT34WX50 it has the 16:9aspect ratio and thisi would be my first DVD player so I do not have a reference point. So what do you say? Keep or trade up?

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I would recommend you buy the Panny. While the quality of the Toshiba 3750, 4700 and 5700 is very good, the RP91 will give you all that you need with very little downside. (if you can find it)
BTW, exactly where does one find a wife like yours?:D

kieran

Auditioning
She is a good woman. So you think the extra $229 or so is worth it? Thanks for your thoughts.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hello again,

Yes. The RP91 is the pre-eminent fav. around here. I trialed the 4700 and encountered too many lock-ups. There is no true reverse/still as well. The picture quality is excellent even with the bug and the zoom implementation is one of the best I've come across. But I cannot abide a player that locks up 6 times in two days for no reason.

For the record, I own the JVC 70BK and am very happy both audio and video-wise. But if you are already thinking of the RP91 I would go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks