What's new

Why has my anti-perspirant stopped working? (1 Viewer)

Asim

Stunt Coordinator
Well i looked on the ConsumerReports website...and i thought i remembered seeing something about deo/AP some time ago, but no dice.

Beauty & personal care
Bandages 8/02 R
Bath soap 10/01 R
Electric shavers 11/02 R
Facial tissue 6/02
Insect repellents 6/00
Moist toilet paper 5/02
Moisturizers 1/00 R
Public health & safety 9/02 gray arrow
Sunscreen 6/01 R
Wrinkle-free travel 2/03

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
i figured it out...we're getting pit stains because our undershirts are caked up with deodorant that has rubbed off....and i'm talkin caked up from several previous occasions. That stuff doesn't come out in the wash either! So what are you left with? undershirts with a hard-feeling armpit area that ruins the homeostasis of the armpit thus the profuse sweating.

Scott Littlefield

Stunt Coordinator
I've noticed that both Coke and Vanilla Coke were mentioned as possible culprits in this thread. What's the story there?

I drink a lot of Coke and don't have the excessive armpit sweat others are complaining about.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
well i sweat a lot too and have yet to find a good ap. My friend recommended me Arm&Hammer Ultramax and after a few days i can say it absolutely sucks. I have tried some Gillette stuff and absolutely terrible. So far the best has been old spice high endurance but like others in this thread it is not working as well as it used too so i have been looking for alternatives.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
I know this thread is super old, but my post fits here the best.
Check out this stuff called MAXIM if most ap's/deoderants dont work for you guys. You can use it a couple of times a week and be totally dry. If you use it everyday, your skin will feel like the damn sahara.
http://www.stopsweat.com/catalog/category.php3
Thats the cheapest price I know of online. You use it at night like a prescription AP. Check it out if any of you still need it.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I know that this thread is old but if this condition is still bugging you, you have a condition called "hyperhydrosis". I had this before but to a much worse extent than you mention. I could be standing over an air conditining vent with my arms out and the sweat was coming off in drops literally.

My doctor prescribed an external medication which is known over here in the States as Drysol. It's a bugger of a medication because it literally burns up the sweat glands. For about 30 minutes after you apply it, it feels like you have thousands of pin-pricks under your arm as the glands get damaged/destroyed. It will drive you absolutely bonkers. However, one application can last for months, and after about four or five applications, I have not needed to use Drysol in about five years. I still need anti-perspirant - it's not like I don't sweat under there at all - but it's finally back to "normal" levels.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I think I mentioned that one earlier in the thread, John.

Drysol is AGONY to use. AGONY. My pits were red for three days afterwards. Nope. Cannot use. But the Triple Dry stuff I've mentioned since does the same thing but doesn't inflict pain at all.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Drysol is AGONY to use. AGONY. My pits were red for three days afterwards. Nope. Cannot use.
Actually, I had that happen the first time as well, so I lightened up on the dose. It was bearable without too much residual pain. There's a perverse pleasure in thinking, "HA! DIE, you little sweat gland f**kers! Die the horrible death that you deserve! Die, die , DIE!!" while you're trying to deal with the multitude of pin-pricks that you're suffering.

Fortunately, I've not had to use it in years. I hope that I don't ever have to in the future.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
That happened to me with regular Right Guard Spray. I now use Right Guard "Powder Dry" spray. It works pretty well. It sprays on dry, like a powder, not wet like a normal spray.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Nature's Gate: best deodorant I've ever used. Unreal good, no bad chemicals. Also, Tom's of Maine has good stuff...

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
aren't silica packets supposed to absorb water? i think those could work...of course your armpits would smell like salsa

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks