What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Edge of Tomorrow (2014) (4k UHD Combo) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
7d42bdb2-becc-7184-816c-4192d40380a2.jpg
EDGE OF TOMORROW
COMES TO 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAYTM COMBO PACK AND DIGITAL FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

DOUG LIMAN’S SCI-FI THRILLER STARRING TOM CRUISE AND EMILY BLUNT
WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH
HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

Own it July 5 on 4K Ultra HD and Digital
Burbank, Calif., May 19, 2022 – Edge of Tomorrow, starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt and directed by Doug Liman, will be released on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital on July 5, it was announced today by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Directed by Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith), Edge of Tomorrow stars Oscar® nominee Tom Cruise (the Mission Impossible films, Top Gun: Maverick) and Emily Blunt (The Devil Wears Prada, The Adjustment Bureau).

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ sci-fi thriller Edge of Tomorrow was directed by Liman from a screenplay by Christopher McQuarrie and Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth and based on the novel entitled “All You Need is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. Edge of Tomorrow was the first motion picture to be shot at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.

Edge of Tomorrow was produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally, Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Jacobs and Jason Hoffs, alongside executive producers Doug Liman, David Bartis, Joby Harold, Hidemi Fukuhara and Bruce Berman, with Tim Lewis and Kim Winther serving as co-producers.

Supporting Cruise and Blunt is an international cast that includes Bill Paxton (Aliens, HBO’s “Big Love”), Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1), Noah Taylor (Lawless), Kick Gurry (Australian TV’s “Tangle”), Dragomir Mrsic (Snabba Cash II), Charlotte Riley (World Without End), Jonas Armstrong (BBC TV’s “Robin Hood”), Franz Drameh (Attack the Block), Masayoshi Haneda (Emperor) and Tony Way (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

Ultra HD* showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.

Edge of Tomorrow will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $24.99 ERP and includes an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Digital download of the film. Fans can also own Edge of Tomorrow in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers beginning on July 5.

About the Film:
An alien race, undefeatable by any existing military unit, has launched a relentless attack on Earth, and Major William Cage (Tom Cruise) finds himself dropped into a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage is thrown into a time loop, forced to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again and again. Training alongside Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt), his skills slowly evolve, and each battle moves them a step closer to defeating the enemy in this intense action thriller.

Ultra HD Blu-ray Elements
Edge of Tomorrow
Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:
  • Operation Downfall - Adrenaline Cut
  • Storming The Beach
  • Weapons Of The Future
  • Creatures Not Of This World
  • On The Edge With Doug Liman
  • Deleted Scenes
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

On 7/5/22, Edge of Tomorrow 4K UHD will be available to own for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on favorite devices from select digital retailers and will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

BASICS
PRODUCT ERP

Ultra HD Blu-ray $24.99*
Standard Street Date: 7/5/22
EST Street Date: 7/5/22
Ultra HD Blu-ray Languages: English, Spanish, French
Ultra HD Blu-ray Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, Parisian French
Run Time: 113 minutes
Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, language and brief suggestive material.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Fingers crossed for Atmos...

Doug, I was looking for that very spec. I wonder why, if it ends up being offered, it's not on the press release. That's an important spec. I am keeping my fingers crossed too, but the press release isn't very optimistic.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
One of the weird things about me is that I can't stand Tom Cruise, but I have to give begrudging respect to whoever picks projects like this one for him. It may not have set the box office on fire, but it's a hell of a film. I'll probably stick with my 3D copy, but I encourage anyone who hasn't bothered with it to give it a try.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
One of the weird things about me is that I can't stand Tom Cruise, but I have to give begrudging respect to whoever picks projects like this one for him. It may not have set the box office on fire, but it's a hell of a film. I'll probably stick with my 3D copy, but I encourage anyone who hasn't bothered with it to give it a try.

I don't care for Tom Cruise either, but this is probably one of my favorite films of his.

Like you, I have the 3D version and it's a pretty damn awesome film. I need to watch this again soon.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I don't care for Tom Cruise either, but this is probably one of my favorite films of his.

Like you, I have the 3D version and it's a pretty damn awesome film. I need to watch this again soon.
I just wish they'd gone with the original name of the novel it's loosely based on: "All You Need is Kill."

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is definitely one of Cruise's better efforts, but for me, it's Emily Blunt who steals the film. Plus, there's Bill Paxton! It's just a well-crafted, entertaining-as-all-get-out movie.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Doug, I was looking for that very spec. I wonder why, if it ends up being offered, it's not on the press release. That's an important spec. I am keeping my fingers crossed too, but the press release isn't very optimistic.
Hopefully, this is just a somewhat preliminary press release, and we'll get more detailed specs later. It happens all the time.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I just wish they'd gone with the original name of the novel it's loosely based on: "All You Need is Kill."

"All You Need Is Kill" is a very mangled English-to-Japanese-back-to-English malaproprism. The phrase makes no sense at all in English and would be a terrible title for an American feature film. It only works for the novel knowing that the book was originally written in Japanese by someone for whom English is not their primary langauge.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've been wondering when this would come out on 4K disc as the 4K digital with Dolby Vision has been out since 2018. The audio should be Dolby Atmos as the MA stream has it. However, iTunes nor Vudu doesn't have it in Dolby Atmos which is another example why streaming is so frustrating to most of us. The lack of standardization across the different services is lacking to say the least.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
4K version won't give you the bang for the buck viewing experience the 3D version does.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
4K version won't give you the bang for the buck viewing experience the 3D version does.

I respect that and I agree with that, but I would also say that if we 3D fans don’t want 2D-only viewers to complain about 3D movies in 3D threads, we should probably show them the same courtesy and not try to shift threads about 2D releases into 3D conversations.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't have the equipment to use 4K and 3D doesn't work for me personally. So I'm good with my original Blu-ray release. However, I'm very happy to see Edge of Tomorrow becoming available in 4K for those who want it in that format. And if 3D fans are happy with that disc, that's great too. What matters is that the movie is being seen and appreciated in whatever format floats your particular boat. It's a great movie regardless of format.

On a related note, this definitely seems like a movie that has increased in reputation over time. I remember going to see it when it came out and it wasn't particularly busy. I loved it and always recommended it, but I didn't know too many people who were rushing out to see it. While I don't think the movie was an out and out bomb, it seemed to fall under many people's radar in comparison to many of Tom Cruise's other bigger films. It's weird to think of a Tom Cruise movie as an underdog because he is certainly one of the world's biggest movie stars, but there was something about this movie that seemed to be a more challenging sell in its initial run for some reason. It always worked for me, though, so it has been really satisfying to see more people discover how good this is in the years since. I think its staying power is a testament to its quality.

Last edited:

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
The movie was finished on a 2K DI, so this will be an upconvert. How much an HDR grade will benefit the movie, I guess we'll see.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I lost my 3D capability (I played Taps in tribute) when I got my LG OLED. So a 4K with Atmos is an easy decision, emphasis on the Atmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks