What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Casablanca (1942) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Like this stuff that I already have in my film collection: :laugh:

View attachment 153397
It was a no-brainer to replace the DVD in this set with the 4K UHD and keep the beautiful box on my shelf. The blu-ray disc 1 included with the new 4K UHD is identical to the one in this box (so that gets tossed out as well) and blu-ray disc 2 is unique to the box.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
DiaobolikDVD is also selling the 4K Collector's set as well. I got mine about a week after ordering. I ordered right after Christmas. I haven't had a chance to watch it, but the box is really nice and the steelbook is beautiful. I don't collect steelbooks, but the cover art was so much better. LOL

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Deal $9,99 at both Amazon and GRUV. As always picture on Amazon link doesn't always reflect current price.

Well...finally...BOUGHT!

Thanks, Gary. I was waiting for a digital price drop but this makes the deal even better.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A beautiful looking black and white movie in 4K/Dolby Vision.

Really looking forward to seeing this new transfer. Haven't seen the film since its initial BD release so I will consider it to be a real treat to see.

I had put off purchasing it, opting for digital instead, but this physical release is $6 less than the iTunes price and I get a digital copy with it. No brainer!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Watched it not that long ago...beautiful disc. Also a great way to showcase how good a B&W classic can look in UHD.
Exactly! Remember that old argument that has been proven wrong that DVD was good enough for black and white films when some people didn't want to upgrade to Blu-ray because they didn't think black and white movies would benefit much in 1080p?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Exactly! Remember that old argument that has been proven wrong that DVD was good enough for black and white films when some people didn't want to upgrade to Blu-ray because they didn't think black and white movies would benefit much in 1080p?

One need to only look at NEBRASKA on Blu-ray (Bruce Dern) to see how incredible B&W can look

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
One need to only look at NEBRASKA on Blu-ray (Bruce Dern) to see how incredible B&W can look
I always thought NEBRASKA should have been in color. Good movie, but I thought the B&W didn’t add anything. 🤷‍♂️

Is the 4k disc an improvement on the Blu? The Blu was one of the best looking discs I’ve ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks