What's new

Whole house audio (1 Viewer)

Tim Hall

Auditioning
I am building a house with a HT and whole-house audio. What is the opinion of an Integra 8.2 receiver with A-Bus for the house verses a Russound amp/controller and the same receiver or maybe a Denon 3802?

My budget for the receiver with whole house audio (eg. A-Bus or Russound) is about $5000-any suggestions?

Jeff_Czyz

Grip
I just finished up a whole house audio for a friend and used the Russound Amp/Control with the standard keypads.

The one I used was a 6 zone. It was easy to install, and very straight forward to get going. We ended up adding some speakers with volume controls so 3 of the zones power 3 sets of speakers. According to one of the Russound techs, you can use 2-3 sets of speakers on a couple of zones and still power it if you use some impendance matching volume controls.

I did what they recommended and it worked. I'm a complete novice and really don't know that much about HT equipment , speakers etc. Both myself and my friend were very happy they way the final system sounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks