What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for A few words about...™ Lawrence of Arabia -- in 4k/UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Further information from the ImdB Alternate versions page:

"In the scene in the second half where General Allenby entices Lawrence back to Arabia part of that scene is cut by a few seconds. Where Allenby says to Lawrence: "You're the most extraordinary man I've ever met" Lawrence replies: I'm extraordinary, I'm extraordinary, what of it." Lean decided to cut the second "I'm extraordinary" out."
From what point of reference. About three minutes were cut in 1963. We put it all back, but the voice replacement for Allenby didn't work out. We were told to find another voice actor, but the project was shut down before we could do so.

David did cut the second "I'm extraordinary" in April of 1988

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
From what point of reference. About three minutes were cut in 1963. We put it all back, but the voice replacement for Allenby didn't work out. We were told to find another voice actor, but the project was shut down before we could do so.

Once again, thank you very much for your answer, Mr. Harris!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
RAH,
Any thoughts about this article regarding the decline condition of many digital files of movies and television shows?

Agree 100%. Those who store family photos and videos on their phones, old video tape or old drives may be in for a rude awakening.

While we can access negatives from the mid-19th century, and scan or make prints, I'd bet that 90% of home imagery from the 1980 and '90s is already gone.

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov

Charles Gray or Robert Rietti (or Rietty) the Voice [ADR/Looping] Dubbers?

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Understanding it's not the same thing ... I've also heard complaints from co-workers about deleted Downloadable Content* by rights holders.

*downloadable content

DLC, or downloadable content, refers to additional content gamers download for video games after their initial release. This content may include new levels, characters, weapons, or skins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks