What's new

Which Setting to Use on CSW Newton S300 Surround Speakers? (1 Viewer)

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
Today I received a pair of Cambridge SoundWorks S300 surround speakers. Due to the nature of my home theatre room, I will need to place these on the back walls instead of on the sides of the listening area. If the speakers were going on the sides, I would normally switch them to dipole mode and be done with it. Since they're on the back walls however, I was thinking of using either the bipole or monopole mode, as dipole doesn't make sense to me in this particular instance. While I realize I need to go by what sounds best to me, I would appreciate hearing the thoughts of anyone who has these speakers.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jay_Leonard

Stunt Coordinator
On a back wall I would think that Bi-pole will provide more space and make it harder to source the sound, thereby making the effect closer to intended.

I would not use direct particularly if the speakers are close in height to your listening position.

I have a pair but they are on the side walls roughly even with the couch. Different for different material but usually we prefer dipole. ( I say we my wife makes faces at me...)

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.