What's new

where is the love for China beach (merged) (1 Viewer)

John fur

Grip
Hi
does anyone know if there has bin any take's abut putting china beach on dvd? it was a good tv show

thank you

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
John,

You're absolutely right. This was a fantastic show and I'd love to have it on DVD. I seem to remember a lot of pop music, though, which might present an obstacle.

Has there been any word?

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Wasn't Tour of Duty just announced? Maybe if that sells well whomever owns the rights to China Beach will release it? Of course the only connection b/n the two is Vietnam, but who knows? I'd buy it!;)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there was a lot of original 60s music in China Beach. I would be happy to see the first and last episodes of this great series.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
china beach started off as a very strong series, lulled a bit in season three, but for season four, when they started the time-switch between present day and the vietnam war, was one of the finest single seasons of a tv series ever. brilliant story-telling.

one of my favorite series, and i would buy this in a heartbeat, despite having the entire series already on tape.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Just throwing my hat in the ring for this one. Would buy it in a heartbeat if it is ever released.

Dana Delaney.... yum! :b

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I love this show!

I mentioned this in the area regarding Warners upcoming chat. I am hoping someone will ask them if they have any plans to release this gem.

I have most on tape but I sure would like them on DVD.
Commentaries would be great.
Delaney and Hellenberger?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
RobertW wrote:

This is exactly how I feel about this series. Your assessment is right on the money.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i was a big fan of China Beach. started watching 'cause of Dana Delaney and kept watching 'cause it was a great show. i'd certainly buy into season sets.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i was just stunned, and really saddened to see that. i've gotta dig out my tapes and watch that season again.

(Admin note - spoilers added, let's be a little more careful because not everyone has seen the show yet.)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
That was a shocking moment but there were a lot.
The one that sticks in my mind is what happens to Cherry during the first season.

Maybe more people will discover this show if it is released on DVD. If the amount of posts is any indication I am not betting it will be out soon.

A lot of people dont know that this was one of Marg Hellenburgers big roles Before CSI and she was Great in the role.

I always had hoped that Helgenberger and Delaney would have gone on to roles on the Big screen because they are excellent actresses.
Funny how Hollywood works.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i think Cherry was the second season. the first season, now that i've dug my tapes out and refreshed my memory, was only six episodes long after the two hour pilot movie. Jeff Kober in that first season was just damn scary/spooky, but a lot of that was lost when he began to open up and actually speak once in a while. ;)

i think it was up to that point(Cherry) that the series was excellent, after that was when it began to decline a bit into formulaic tv, not really bad, but not really standing out much above most other series either. but damn, then that fourth season.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I so want this show to come out on DVD. It is always the first show that pops into my head for the "What TV show would you like to see on DVD?" threads.

John fur

Grip
Hi

China beach

voting results are
{1}unreleased rank 91st
{2} overall rank 163rd
{3} season set 1082 {99%}
{4} best of 187 {17%}
{5} individual episodes 179 {16%}
{6} tolal number of voters 1094

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks