What's new

Where can I learn basic framing techniques? (1 Viewer)

Terry Wysocki

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any DIY website that shows how to do framing? I mean the kind of framing used to build a house or a shed, etc. I'm setting up my home theater and I need to build a small shed to store the stuff that's in the room I want to use. I'm fairly familiar with woodworking and construction but I want to check out some details like how walls are joined at corners and how to figure the amount of rafters needed for a roof. I notice there are a ton of books on this but I'd like to find a web based resource (plus it's free).

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
simpley you put your studs on 16 inch centers and your rafters too to join your walls you use a dubble top plate that means you overlap the top plate with a seccond 2by lumber

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Check out HGTV or DIY Net for that type of reference. You should get a copy of your local codes (if you plan on getting a permit and inspections) before building anything.
Go to the library, all the books there are free to borrow :) and will probably be more a complete reference than a few webpages.
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks