What's new

When are we getting Family Guy? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'm very frustrated. It's out on region 2 but it won't make it's way over here. Is there any chance we'll get it. If not, I'll have to make my player a multi-region player (How do you do that by the way?).

~Kevin

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Making your deck region free is typically not worth it, due to the ludicrous prices for kits from Europe. It requires good soldering skills even if you can get the chip. You're better off buying a new player

You can't watch the discs with just a region free player, you need a PAL to NTSC converter, which the Malata N996 has in addition to being region free and progressive scan.

Since the discs are basically finished already, I'm guessing that since it's cancelled they'll try to selll the show into syndication and then release the DVDs after that.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Actually, "Family Guy" is indeed canceled. They're still showing the episodes that have already been produced but when they've been aired, the show is gone for good. I guess Fox finally realized that a small fanbase isn't enough to save a show with such poor ratings that consistantly gets bad reviews.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I guess Fox finally realized that a small fanbase isn't enough to save a show with such poor ratings that consistantly gets bad reviews.
Bad reviews? From where? I thought this series was pretty highly acclaimed. Personally, I prefer it to The Simpsons if only because it doesn't try to aim itself at a "family" audience. I have the R2 Series 1 and love it, extra-less as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks