What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
kicking off the weekend with CINERAMA South Seas Adventure

playing catch-up, on a lot that I have picked up but, held off because of horror only in OCT

Fantastic Voyage
Voyage to the bottom of the sea
Stalag 17
High Plains Drifter

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Started tonight with Red River, the UK BD from Eureka. I'm not sure about what I'll view tomorrow as I'm hoping the James Dean boxset comes in the mail on Saturday.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
Started tonight with Red River, the UK BD from Eureka. I'm not sure about what I'll view tomorrow as I'm hoping the James Dean boxset comes in the mail on Saturday.

I'd like to know how Red River looks. Also, is it region-free, or 'B' locked?

David

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm going to finish reading Lonesome Dove on my new Kindle Paperwhite. I already watched the miniseries on blu as a refresher...one of the best miniseries ever.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Last night (Sat) was How Green Was My Valley on TCM (haven't bought it yet).
Tonight will be a Ray Milland triple feature:
The Big Clock DVD, Ministry Of Fear BD, and The Uninvited BD (second viewing for Uninvited since I received it last week).
I'm a big fan of Ray Milland, and these three films have been favorites since I was a kid.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Weicker said:
I'd like to know how Red River looks. Also, is it region-free, or 'B' locked?

David
It's "B" locked. The video presentation appears to be derived from film elements a few generations removed from OCN. It's okay, but it will hold me over until somebody like Criterion can release it again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Since our Halloween up here was messed up ( TorT was Friday)...Watched Seasoning House(again)Tale of Two Sisters(Jee-Woon)Thirst(Chan-Wook)Whip and the Body(Bava, can't wait for the BD)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The final tally was:

All is Lost (Saturday)
Five episodes of Next Gen (all weekend)
A really old episode of Frontline
Who Framed Roger Rabbit last night

Man, it sure felt like we watched more than that...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm waiting for some review product to arrive, so I have no idea how much free time I'll have this weekend. First in the queue is Rebel Without a Cause. I watched East of Eden the other night, and I was very happy with the result, so Rebel is next in the James Dean box.

I did get around to Stalag 17 last weekend and loved the movie all over again. So glad to have it on Blu now. I wish we could get some more Billy Wilder films here including Double Indemnity, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, One, Two, Three, and The Lost Weekend, among others.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Brian De Palma's PASSION, then my brother's two sons (3rd grade and 4th grade) major classic movie fans, are coming over on Sunday to watch HOUSE OF WAX in 3D. Then maybe their cool uncle will let them watch the opening scenes to THE FINAL DESTINATION (4) and FINAL DESTINATION 5 in 3D. :D

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
My weekend viewing will consist of the Sony Film Noir 4 Box-set. I watched Johnny O'Clock last night and didn't notice any of the problems others have mentioned. I hope the other discs are to the same standard.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
We're for sure doing Rear Window tonight and a movie TBD at the theater tomorrow. I want Thor 2, but we'll see. I expect a lot more stuff, but I won't commit to anything yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched Thor 2 today in IMAX. I even liked it better than the prior film. I plan on watching the Duke's version of 3 Godfathers in 1080p using Warner Archive Instant. I'm still deciding on which Blu-ray(s) I'm going to watch this weekend. Also, the latest episodes of Grimm and Bluebloods on tap for tomorrow.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
At Home: CINERAMA x2 + some Corman/Poe/Price

In Theatres: I'm in the mood for something imaginative, but with a little meat on the bones, and still can't find that. I mean, where's Duncan Jones or Darren Aronofsky when you need them? Still grateful that the recently released Rush, Prisoners, and Gravity were all so good in such different ways. Might give the big screen a pass this weekend.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Saturday night, some S1 Naked City, and later City of the Dead, with horror icon Chris Lee. Saturday night always seems like a good night for horror/SF. Sunday night, The Guns of Navarone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks