What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
August 9th, 2016 Tuesday

The Hustler (1961)
35mm Film (Created From 4K restoration master)
Audio ?

the-hustler-movie-poster-1961-1020418914.jpg

Next months classic movie will be:

Sound Of Music
70mm Film / 6 Track Audio

This will be the second 70mm film of the year and hopefully there will be a third movie on 70mm! Oh I am going to pick up The Hustler on blu-ray!

https://www.foxconnect.com/hustler-the-blu-ray-widescreen.html

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Miss Sadie Thompson arrived yesterday and Canyon Passage arrived today. So they'll be the ones I watch this weekend.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm starting 3 weeks vacation, so get ready for a bunch of entries here. Watched the theatrical cut of BvS:DoJ in 3D last night and will probably take in the 2D Ultimate Edition cut tomorrow.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Watched 1776 yesterday evening for the 2nd time. Still love it, but in comparison the the Broadway cast recording, "Molasses to Rum" is an absolute snooze. There is more menace to the cast recording version by a long shot.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I took some time off from work and decided to have a Brits in Africa Weekend starting with Zulu, then Khartoum and finishing off with The Four Feathers :) ... All purchased on Bluray in recent sales publicized here on this forum ... I had to finish watching Lubitsch's To Be or Not To Be commentary first ...
I watched the first two already and I'm glad I watched them in that order as the commentary for Khartoum on TT is basically a continuation of the commentary on Zulu ...

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Latest update: watched the Ultimate Edition cut of BvS:DoJ, and it does improve a seriously flawed film in the same way the Director's Cut of Daredevil made improvements to that seriously flawed film. Also watched the first 2 seasons of TURN: Washington's Spies, and today watched When Marnie was There (absolute tearjerker) and Odd Thomas. Coming up this week: John Dies at the End, The Manchurian Candidate [CC] and much more.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Finished off yesterday with a viewing of Fant4stic (as my son calls it, tongue firmly planted in cheek) and episode 4 of Stranger Things. Fant4stic is about 55% of a good movie, before it goes completely off the rails, destroying any goodwill built up to that point. Stranger Things really has my rapt attention.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
August 22nd, 2016 Monday

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K UHD
5.1 Uncompressed PCM

harry_potter_and_the_order_of_the_phoenix_2007_93_poster.jpg

Coming Jan 2017: The arrival of a new Thorens TD-295 MK IV belt drive turntable to my home theater system!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hi Dave,
I wonder if the print you are going to see is the 70mm DTS/Datasat print I saw in Bradford a few years ago it was a bit soft also slightly dark but 6 Track audio was great.

Good question, I am sure that I will find out when I go see the movie next month. I will post that information in my post after I see the movie. If I remember correctly that there was a DTS 6 track disc with the 70mm presentation of Patton that I saw this year. So I will let you know later.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
August 25th, 2016 Thursday

The King And I
1080p upconverted to 4K UHD
5.1 Dolby Digital Plus

the-king-and-i-movie-poster-1956-1010680332.jpg

Marry Poppins
1080p upconverted to 4K UHD
5.1 Dolby Digital Plus

1964_film_mary_poppins_poster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks