What's new

What Was The Hardest Film For You To See? (1 Viewer)

FilmCrazy

Agent
Real Name
Rich
Drove 300 miles to Dayton Ohio to the Neon Theater to see ‘This is Cinerama’ in Cinerama. Was definitely worth it.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Drove 300 miles to Dayton Ohio to the Neon Theater to see ‘This is Cinerama’ in Cinerama. Was definitely worth it.
I flew to Dayton for the weekend from Richmond, Va to see THIS IS CINERAMA and HOW THE WEST WAS WON. Truly a once in a lifetime experience and also great to be around a group of people who were similarly fascinated by widescreen cinema. However to this day my friends and family cannot fathom why I would travel all that way to see a movie. Oddly enough my interest in Cinerama began when I was a little kid and my late father described the experience of seeing it to me. It took almost two decades after he died to have that experience myself. We have to be grateful to John Harvey for his technical expertise and the equipment to show these films as they were meant to be seen as well as New Neon manager Larry Smith. Harvey is no longer with us but from what I understand Smith now works for the film archive for the Library of Congress which is housed in Culpepper, Va.

FilmCrazy

Agent
Real Name
Rich
I flew to Dayton for the weekend from Richmond, Va to see THIS IS CINERAMA and HOW THE WEST WAS WON. Truly a once in a lifetime experience and also great to be around a group of people who were similarly fascinated by widescreen cinema. However to this day my friends and family cannot fathom why I would travel all that way to see a movie. Oddly enough my interest in Cinerama began when I was a little kid and my late father described the experience of seeing it to me. It took almost two decades after he died to have that experience myself. We have to be grateful to John Harvey for his technical expertise and the equipment to show these films as they were meant to be seen as well as New Neon manager Larry Smith. Harvey is no longer with us but from what I understand Smith now works for the film archive for the Library of Congress which is housed in Culpepper, Va.
I felt very fortunate to have seen that. Also wanted to see HTWWW but it was sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks