What's new

What is the value of my Toshiba TW-40X81?? (1 Viewer)

Mark Oliver

Auditioning
I am thinking about selling my toshiba TW-40X81 for a larger set. Unfortunately I have no idea what to charge for it. I saw some selling it for $1000 US.

Where would be the best place to sell the unit? Online or in a store.
I am located in Toronto ON.

History.

Purchased in mid 2000. It was pro calibrated in 2002.
This unit has some parts there were known to fail and were all replaced years ago by toshiba.

The unit is mint with no problems whatsoever and the brightness and contrast have been set to less then 50% for the entire use.

Any feedback would help.

Craig

Second Unit
I'd say $500US, new rear projection prices are just real low right now. OneCall has both the Toshiba 42H83 and the Panasonic 47" for around $1100US as an example of how much prices have come down since 2000.

With all the "no payments for a year" deals that stores are offering nowadays it's just too easy to walk out with a brand new TV without paying anything. Great if you're buying, but sucks if you're trying to sell a used TV.

I have a Tosh TW56X81, been a great TV. However if things work out I'm gonna get a plasma/lcd/dlp model next year. At that point I'm planning on pretty much just giving the 56X81 away.

TomBarnard

Grip
Same story here. Upgrading to front projection and am basically gonna have to scrap my 50" Toshiba. I think my 11 year old daughter has claimed it for her room, but i'm not certain that an 11 year old with a bigscreen in her room is any more palatable than giving my TV away. $500 seems to be what i've found people are willing to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks