What's new

What amp for back center speakers?? I mean power... (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I will receive my silver Rotel RSP-1066 tomorrow. Will use it with my Rotel RMB-1095 (5X200). But I got 2 surrounds and 2 back center speakers (Paradigm Studio-20). I'm hesitating between the Rotel RB-1050 (2X70) or the Rotel RB-1070 (2X130) to drive those 2 back center speakers. I'm leaning toward the RB-1050, because for back centers, I think that 2X130 would be overkills. What do you think??

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I'm leaning toward the RB-1050, because for back centers, I think that 2X130 would be overkills. What do you think??
I agree, not a lot of material comes from the surround back channels as of yet! Imo the RB-1050 would be fine and use the leftover cash for nice pair of sunglasses for for those new shinny silver rotel pieces:D
Bob

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Yeah, and I will have to buy good ear plugs for when my wife will discover that I just unprade my pre-amp for the 2nd time in 5 months...after unprading my DVD-player 3 weeks ago and telling her it was the last ungrade in a while...and that just after upgrading the TV 2 months ago...1 month after unprading the speakers...
Arrghh I'm contaminated with a virulent disease, the "upgadatis acoustico-videolis"...;)

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Man! you just described me:frowning: oh boy at least im not the only one:D
Hey I got an idea just tell your wife your a beta tester for all your new gear that's why you keep switching;)
Bob

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Chu, stôp right know. Don't tell my customers, they are paying for my new toys!! BTW, I enjoy being here, and particularly when people talk about listening at reference level, and cranking those SVS subs! because I know I will sell more analgesics, ear plugs and headaches killer!!

Pump-up the volume!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks