What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Went on a Playstation RPG frenzy today... (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hi, everyone! Today, I went on an excursion to buy up a lot of Playstation RPG's that I've been wanting to play. I bought Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy VII (already had it, but can't find it), Legend of Mana (heard it's really hard to find, but I got a new copy), Vagrant Story, and Legend of Dragoon. I was hoping you all could give me some commments on these games, as I'm not sure I want to keep all of them. I'm particularly interested in your opinions of Legend of Mana, Legend of Dragoon, and Vagrant Story. Is Legend of Mana a rare game to come across, like I've heard from several people? Is it worth the $40 I spent on a new copy? What do y'all think of Vagrant Story and Legend of Dragoon? What else do you think I should try to find? I'm just trying to buy all the PSX games I want before picking up a PS2 and moving on to purchasing PS2 games. Thanks for any comments you have for me. Later!

Rob

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
I got Xenogears today. I really need to quit spending money, but I'd like to get these games before I have to pay collector prices on ebay. I'm thinking about returning Legend of Mana and Legend of Dragoon. I haven't read very many good things about them. Do you all have any comments on these two or any of the others I've purchased? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Rob

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Robert,

Id buy Legend of Mana off you if you really didnt want it. As long as its in good condition.

I've been looking for it for a while, and I haven't found any places nearby that have it in stock.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Chris,

I'm very sorry, but I returned the game yesterday. I didn't see your post until today. Check gamestop's website. It says they can usually ship it in 24 hrs. The game just didn't seem like something I'd enjoy. I play RPG's for the story, and it just seemed to be a lot of mini quests tied together. Maybe I'm missing something about the appeal, but I don't think it was for me. Later.

Rob

James Davis

Agent
I picked up Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 via ebay for $30 after shipping with some game guides. The discs are in perfect condition too.

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
Legend of Mana just wasn't anywhere near the Secret of Mana in gameplay or anything for that matter. It seemed to be an open game to do what you want, but there were things you had to accomplish to go on, so it really wasn't that open.
I still own my SNES copy of Secret of Mana and play it through at least once a year (along with SNES Zelda), which I couln't even say if I ever finished the Legend of Mana which is in one of my video game collection boxes somewhere...

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Don't forget Final Fantasy Origins - brand new for $30. Classic (but updated sound and graphics for FF1) gaming for cheap that you can pretty much play forever...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wolffan91
Recent bookmarks