What's new

UHD Weird: The Al Yankovic Story available for Preorder from Umbrella (1 Viewer)

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Al just broke the news on his Twitter. Looks like there's multiple flavors to choose from: you can get blu ray, 4K and either as a special collector's edition with and without a Hawaiian shirt. Be careful to choose which format if you get a set. Sounds like it's coming to more regions if you want to wait.

Ordering Options

I can't speak for anyone else, but I absolutely loved this flick and was impressed that it covered so much ground that Dewey Cox had trod, but without feeling like it was rehashing the same jokes.

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 8.10.50 PM.png

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I had buffering problems streaming it on ROKU (It's not everybody's cuppa- as Mix-tape of every biopic - especially Bohemian Rhapsody - Spinal Tap/The Ruttles and Rambo/Missing in Action ) I should problay order just so it might be released in the Uppa US it should play fine in the states and mehbee Canada ...Eh ;)!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just checked pricing on the website, and the standard 4K will set you back $40 after shipping. However, they do offer free shipping on orders over $50, so if you see anything else in the $20 range, it may be worth it.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I had buffering problems streaming it on ROKU (It's not everybody's cuppa- as Mix-tape of every biopic - especially Bohemian Rhapsody - Spinal Tap/The Ruttles and Rambo/Missing in Action ) I should problay order just so it might be released in the Uppa US it should play fine in the states and mehbee Canada ...Eh ;)!

I watched it twice on Roku. I wanted to support them for making a film I really enjoyed. But man, will it be nice to have it properly presented without all the commercial breaks. Hopefully they'll send some of these out to Emmy voters so that Radcliffe and Wood can get some much deserved awards buzz for their great performances.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I just checked pricing on the website, and the standard 4K will set you back $40 after shipping. However, they do offer free shipping on orders over $50, so if you see anything else in the $20 range, it may be worth it.
Yeah, international shipping is ridiculous at this point. If I didn't want the collector's edition (I went shirtless in this case) I'd have probably checked with Diabolik DVD to see if they'd be getting any for their inventory.

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
Worth noting, coupon code CEREAL15 works for pre-orders and takes 15% off. Helps a bit with international shipping. I've been an Al fan since I was a kid and was all about this movie when it debuted.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Bu
I watched it twice on Roku. I wanted to support them for making a film I really enjoyed. But man, will it be nice to have it properly presented without all the commercial breaks. Hopefully they'll send some of these out to Emmy voters so that Radcliffe and Wood can get some much deserved awards buzz for their great performances.
But would it get Emmy noms? Is it eligible? I’ll wait for a region 1 release.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Entertaining, even if it comes off as stretched a little thin for a feature-length movie. One of the funniest endings I've seen in a while. It nails the tone of the mediocre music biopic.

See how many cameos you can find in the Dr. Demento party scene.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Entertaining, even if it comes off as stretched a little thin for a feature-length movie. One of the funniest endings I've seen in a while. It nails the tone of the mediocre music biopic.

See how many cameos you can find in the Dr. Demento party scene.
I got the impression that many of the people there may not of known WHOM they were portraying. ;) (TBH I had to look up some the people playing the "celebs" );)

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Emmy only - Roku would allow it to be put in theat(e)r(e)s for AAs accordion to WikiPedia
What he said. It was released in a way which makes it a "made for TV" movie as opposed to a feature. (No eligibility theatrical run, etc.)

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
They couldn't find an actor taller than 5'5" to play six-foot Yankovic?

"Bob" is my favorite Yankovic video, but you first must watch the Bob Dylan video "Subterranean Homesick Blues".

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
They couldn't find an actor taller than 5'5" to play six-foot Yankovic?

"Bob" is my favorite Yankovic video, but you first must watch the Bob Dylan video "Subterranean Homesick Blues".
Radcliffe being such a different body type than Yankovic (and surprisingly jacked at one point in the film) is part of the joke. Though apparently the impetus of the casting was Al seeing him on a UK talk show doing Tom Lehrer's Element Song from memory.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Having been a fan since hearing Weird Al's Yoda on Doctor Demento's LA show in 1980, I'd like to see this movie. Is it getting a US release?

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Looks interesting - will probably check it out eventually. But man, they really got a lousy wig for Radcliffe. Looks barely taped on in some shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks