What's new
World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 8-8-2006 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TimJS

Second Unit

Join the club. This is an all or nothing proposition, but should be able to get it less than $20...someday (maybe a year from now?).

I won't be waiting for The Wire - Season 3 to be reasonably priced in say 2010 or so. It's a must own-week-of-release kind of title for me.

Thanks Mike!

Tim

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Nothing new for me this week. But I will be stocking up with that great B.B. buy one get one free for $17.99

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Went by BB today, and was, indeed, able to get a PM on the titles I bought last week that went down to $3.99 today (for the record, those were Requiem For a Dream, SNL: Best of Christopher Walken, SNL: Best of Chris Farley and SNL: Best of John Belushi). Then I turned around and blew my $8 credit and then some on SNL: Best of Eddie Murphy, House of 1000 Corpses, Glengarry Glen Ross SE, Van Wilder (Unrated), and Open Water. And I'd have bought American Psycho SE, too, if they weren't out of stock.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll Rent Inside Man looks Interesting if not earth shaking, I'll probably also Rent Ultimate Avengers 2, I thought the first just OK. Prison Break is a Good show but I think it'll wind up like the 24 Sets I bought, never being Watched. 24 is a show you need to commit to watching an entire season therefore it's nothing I need to see again.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup fellas. Been several nothing weeks for me but there are a few titles for me this week.

Inside Man
Prison Break
Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 deal from CC for the kids
Van Wilder
Punisher - worth it for $4 not much more though
Farscape 4.2 - already ordered from Amazon with Rush R30 Deluxe Edition

Thanks again fellas

Greg

TimJS

Second Unit
Costco update:

Costco had The Wire 3rd Season (packaged with HBO promotional discs Ep 1 of Big Love, Rome, Deadwood, & Entourage..sp features The Real Deadwood, The Mark Wahlberg Sessions-for those interested) for $64.99.

Also noticed Jayne Mansfield & Clark Gable Collections for $29.95 (I believe).

Tim

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
For those in the Midwest that live near a MEIJER, Prison Break Season 1 is on sale for $26.99; also, with the purchase of this set, you can also buy any season of 24 for $24 (must be on same receipt). Don't forget that Best Buy, Circuit City and Wal-Mart does price matches.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Ken, I saw that promotion for "24" on Sunday when I was food shopping. However, I thought you could get the sets of "24" by themselves without buying "Prison Break".

I would've bit on the rest of "24", but I've already literally blown my DVD budget this week. I'm betting (read: hoping, praying) someone has a Black Friday deal like last year on everything past S1...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, Target looks like they did a better job this week with the bonus sets, as almost ALL the copies I saw today had the discs/extras. Also, they have the lowest B&M price on "Noah's Arc" Season 1 at $29.99.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Except, according to what I've read in the TV forum and on a couple other sites, their Prison Break sets actually contain the Best Buy bonus disc, not the advertised Target disc.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I just read that in the TV Software section. Although the mistake is not Target's fault it sure sucks after last week's B&B fiasco.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

Jason:

It may be a YMMV situation regarding the purchase of 24 without Prison Break. I wanted the BB bonus disc, so I opted for a price match with the MEIJER flyer.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Dunno if anybody mentioned it yet, but I was in Best Buy yesterday, and the version of Black Hawk Down in the 2-for-$18 sale is the 3-disc mega-edition. It is a must buy if you don't already have it, and that price is just ridiculous. (Heck, buy two and sell one on eBay for $18. . .)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks