What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-19-2008 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
'Cuz little girls are probably more willing to pay the extra to see Joe Jonas in high-def than Miley Cyrus? ;)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I don't think that the issue is the pricing spread on the formats for each title. Both CR and HM & MC: BoBWC on BD are priced at a "normal" BD release week pricing in the $24 - $28 range. What is really surprising is the SD-DVD release week pricing on HM & MC: BoBWC - I'm really surprised that none of the major retailers have it priced under $20. Considering the success of this title in theaters though, and Miley's live concerts, I'm guessing that Disney and the retailers believe that the demand by the teen / tween girls will be high enough that the higher than normal price won't be an issue. Then again, maybe the high SD-DVD price may be strategy by Disney to encourage people to spend a couple bucks more and step up to the BD format. Who knows???

Anyway, I bought both titles on SD-DVD because 1) they were cheaper, and 2) I only have one BD capable player (PS3) and numerous DVD players. Given the numerous viewings these titles are bound to see in my house, I didn't want to have a bottle-neck at the PS3.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I believe TRU is offering a 2/$40 deal if you buy the BD versions of HM and Camp Rock...so $30 if you redeem the Disney Movie Rewards $10 coupon. The following is YMMV, but there is a instant $10-off coupon on many--if not all--of the BD copies of Camp Rock (IIRC there is a similar instant-off coupon on the SD version of Camp Rock as well)...so if you can get a cashier to accept both the DMR and the instant-off coupons--hence the YMMV--you can possibly get both BD movies for $20 (plus tax, where applicable).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks