What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/12 (1 Viewer)

Tony_P

Stunt Coordinator
The Burbank, CA Fry's does have B5 S3 for $59.99 (although the sets are marked at $79.99). I picked my set up today and it seemed like they had a good number of them in stock. Great deal! Thanks.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I went to my local Target last night to pick up Futurama but I couldnt find it anywhere. I asked a guy stocking the DVD shelves and he told me they didnt get their order in yet. He did confirm that it was on sale for $24.99. He also told me I was about the 20th person that asked for it. I am going today on lunch before they are all gone.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hit the local Circuit City for the MGM freebie disc deal (I dislike CC on principle, but not enough to disregard free DVDs ;) ). None of the ones I wanted at the east side CC (but plenty of copies of Lambada, go figure), so I visited the west side one and found at least one copy of all the ones I was after, so it pays to check around for these.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Has anyone found Kuffs? I looked at 2 Targets, 1 Best Buy, 1 Walmart.....nothing. :frowning:

I guess no one wants my money........so sad. :angry:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I was amazed I ordered B5 from Amazon.Ca I had a $10 off Promo Certificate so I chose Expedited shipping , which was a $1.00 more, total $55.48 I ordered it Monday, today the Doorbell rang and I got it from Airbourne, 2 days from a canadian Etailer, that has to be some kind of record.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Went to my local Target on lunch today and still no Futurama. Of course the DVD person was on lunch and everyone else I asked was clueless. This deal is too good to pass up so I guess I will have to try again tonight. I wonder if something suspicious is going on and maybe they realize their price is much lower than other stores so they are holding them back until the sale is over?

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
No luck finding Futurama at Target outside San Francisco last night either... no shelf tags either. Hopefully they'll have it this evening, well worth the $24.99 (the season 1 DVDs have made me a fan).

This thread saved me from spending $35 at BB today too!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
went to CC today in norht wilmington del. tried to match.
they needed to call the local target and she was on hold for 15 minutes, spoke with 4 different people. they couldn't/wouldnt give her a price.

so i called right backon my phone.

i was told that the store didnt get them in yet so he didnt know what the price was going to be because even the add just said low price.

but what he was trying to say was since they didnt get their shipment in yet, it wasnt even in the database to check a price.

seems fishy to me.
told me to stop back later as they get a truck every dya and it might be on the next truck.

o i forgot he wouldnt offer a rain check for the same reason, doesnt know the price.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
TonyD, I got the same runaround with Target too. I went yesterday and was told they didnt get it yet. However, the guy at my Target punched in the title on his little stock device and did confirm that it was $24.99. When I called back last night I was on hold for 15 minutes and finally hung up. Then on my lunch today I stopped by and there was still no Futurama to be found anywhere. I couldnt find anyone to ask in DVDs so I asked the guy in the video game section and he was clueless. He said to call back again tonight. If I get the runaround this time I will ask to speak to a manager. Something doesnt seem right.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

I had the same experience.

I ordered B5 Monday afternoon and got it this morning!
Definitely worth the extra dollar, especially with the $10 off coupon!!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
update:

ok first i'm sure that the first time i tried to call(and the girl from CC) THat the target actually DID have futurama in stock and on the shelf.

i called again about 2, he said let me check. he came back and said yes we have them and they are 24.99. "thanks" i hung up.
i went down just about 1 hour ago and stopped in target first to verify they were there.
yes they were. not in the usual new release section but a new release section in a diferent area.
so i head over to CC again.
this time when she calls and again is told they are not in stock, i called right back. on hold for 10 minutes.
"hello", he says. i say "hi could you tell me the price for futurama season 2 ?" "we didnt get them in yet, we don't have a price."
"i was just there and they are on a shelf behind the lizzie mcguire disney shelf"
"oh, ok let me go check, maybe we did get them in"

so i hand my phone to the girl and he tells her the price.

now she tries to figure out how to do the price match.
with her calculater she figures that i get an extra $2.50 off, for a price of 22.49.
she took the exta 10% off the target price, not the difference in price.

so without knowing the register auto adds the extra
10% she rings it up and it changes the price to $20.74.

she says "oh.. uh.. it's $20, umm 74.

i still havent figured out were the extra $2.75 off came from.

she took off a total of $5.25.
well actually a total of $19.25

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Has anyone found Kuffs? I looked at 2 Targets, 1 Best Buy, 1 Walmart.....nothing.
I looked for both Kuffs and Gotcha! at the local Best Buy and Circuit City stores and found neither. I guess nobody wants my money either.

I did actually pick up the 2-CD set of The Doors - Legacy The Absolute Best. I was was quite surprised to hear that the vocal tracks on both Break on Through (To The Other Side) and The End are the uncut versions. I have been wondering where to get the uncensored version of The End since hearing it at the beginning of Apocalypse Now many years ago.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from my second search for Futurama Vol. 2. The Target I checked yesterday had apparently gotten some in stock (there was now a shelf tag for it) but had sold out.

Went back to the Wal-Mart I checked yesterday and they price-matched to $24.84 (and apparently took my word on Target's price--the cashier didn't seem to talk to the manager long enough to actually call Target). Also got Daredevil for $17.84-$5.00 coupon (didn't get a chance to pick that up the week of release).

Went back to Target after getting those two items and bought Family Guy Vol. 1 for $29.99 (unadvertised special, it seems).

Guess my fears that Target's price for Futurama V2 was not $24.99 after seeing the $24.99 price for V1 yesterday were unfounded. Shoulda known better than to second-guess a guy named Dave. :D

Keep up the good work! I love saving money almost as much as I love building my DVD collection. :D

Dave C.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I did actually pick up the 2-CD set of The Doors - Legacy The Absolute Best"

Did they remaster the original recordings or are they the same recordings from the previous 2 disc set?

Never mind found the answer.......looks like an excellent set!! :)

Todd Schnell

Second Unit

Same experience for me as well. From Canada to New Orleans in 1 day. Wow!

I pre-ordered all 3 seasons of Babylon from amazon.ca.
Standard shipping on Season 1, & it was quite damaged by the time it got here. Amazon sent me another, & told me to keep the damaged set. Awesome!

I upgraded the shipping for $1 when ordering seasons 2 and 3 & these were not damaged. Season 2 got here in a few days, but Season 3 getting here in one day is amazing.
I did have 2 slight floaters on Season 3 (disc 3 & 5 I believe), but no damage.

On Wednesday I managed to pick up Futurama Season 2 at Target for the $25 (thanks Dave). Picked up Season 1 while I was there for the same price. I was surprised they had them in stock. I usually have bad luck with Target, & new advertised sale priced DVDs. They had 3 or 4 sets of each, & were sort of hidden. Maybe that is why they didn't sell out?

Todd

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
After a lot of phone calls, stopping by the store and arguing with managers I finally managed to get a rain check for Futurama today from Target (they still havent received their shipment). Now the question is do I wait for them to get it in or do I take my rain check to Best Buy and see if they will price match based on my rain check? As an added bonus I got to pick up Day of the Dead a few days early. :D

Paul.Mc

Agent
After a lot of phone calls, stopping by the store and arguing with managers I finally managed to get a rain check for Futurama today from Target (they still havent received their shipment).
Target is violating NJ's regulations on retail sales advertisements with this one. They are supposed to have sufficient quantity of advertised items "to meet reasonably anticipated consumer
demand during the stated period.". They sure have tonnes of "Lizzie McGuire" and "Head of State" on the shelves.

It is also a violation to fail to "specifically designate within an advertisement which merchandise items possess special or limiting factors relating to price, quality, condition, or availability." I've been to 4 stores in NJ over the past few days and NONE have received the set yet.

Unfortunately, issuing a raincheck isn't a requirement of the regs, only failures to honor it "whenever an advertiser provides a raincheck", though if the advertiser normally issues them, it is a violation to not issue one for an advertised item.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Paul, I go to the Target in Hackensack, NJ and thats who was giving me the runaround. If you are interested in a rain check try them and tell them you know someone who also got a rain check. The night before I went to pick up my rain check I called the Edgewater, NJ Target and they told me they "just sold the last one". I wouldnt be suprised if they are suddenly available once the sale is over. Since they wasted so much of my time I may just go ahead and take my rain check to Best Buy and have them price match. The only good thing that came out of all of this is that I was able to pick up Day of the Dead a few days early.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks