What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/15 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anime on the Weekly Roundup? And subbed-only at that! Who would have thunk it?
Well, it IS a TV-on-DVD release. :p)

Mike, that info was included starting a long time ago when a Hawaii resident mentioned it right here in one of these these Roundup threads. I thought it was fair to add it to the disclaimer...who knows WHO is reading these things?

Curtis, welcome and thanks!

Randy, I expect Target's price to be $1 more than Best Buy's...certainly worth a buck to save a long trip.

Avanti!, Friends, M*A*S*H, and maybe Shanghai Knights (already got Noon, and I hear bad things about Knights) for me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, that info was included starting a long time ago when a Hawaii resident mentioned it right here in one of these these Roundup threads. I thought it was fair to add it to the disclaimer...who knows WHO is reading these things?
Oh, Dave. Don't think I just noticed it for the first time this week. I faithfully read your fine print EVERY week. I even remember when the issue was first raised.

For some reason, THIS WEEK it just tickled my fancy. And maybe, just maybe, its been a while since I've had my fancy tickled. :b

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

If you like "Noon," I think you'll like "Knights." I thought it was funnier than the first.

I just wish I had waited to pick up "Noon" to get this week's combo deal. I bought it about two weeks ago, noticing the reduced price, and completely forgot that the sequel was coming out soon and would likely be part of a combo deal like this. :angry: Oh, well. :)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
To make the Friends deal even better, there is a manufacturer's mail-in rebate for $10 when you buy Season 3 along with either 1 or 2 (offer expires 8/1/03). Rebate form inside the Season 3 box, according to the rebate details I saw on the Amazon web site.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
May has been getting some pretty strong buzz.

TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostCoSamsClb
May$18.74$19.99$19.99$N/A$N/A$N/A

DVDSoon.com has the best deal online, $17.07 shipped, followed by DeepDiscountDVD at $17.09 shipped.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
For those in San Antonio, you can pick up the San Antonio Spurs: 2002-2003 NBA Champions DVD at the San Pedro Best Buy on Thursday night, midnight. Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen will be on hand from midnight until 2:00 a.m. to sign autographs.

I believe the official release date of this DVD is 7/22.

Edit:

Sorry, I had my weeks messed up. This was for last week, dagnabit!

John Stone

Supporting Actor
A guilty pleasure I've been looking forward to for quite some time, Kickboxer, is being released 1.33:1 only. No sale. Thanks Lions Gate. :thumbsdown:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
But where will those of us in San Antonio be able to pick up the Los Angeles Lakers: 2003-2004 NBA Champions dvd next year? :) :) :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
MAY was actually a pretty good dark comedy/horror film.

ebert even gave it 4 stars.

my wife doesn't like horror at all but even she continued to watch it with me last week.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Hey, Dave, since we both have a couple of Nickelodeon fans in our households, don't forget The Fairly Odd Parents - Abra-Catastrophe The Movie.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
For those interested, my local BB has stated that they got ONE copy of May in. If you are interested in the film, you may want to get in there fast, but call ahead. I was fully expecting zero copies.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Christian, I think there's a possibility that the Billy Wilder Collection at DVD Soon may be an 8-disc set rather than the 9-disc set seen everywhere else. I e-mailed DVD Soon for confirmation on the contents and am awaiting a response.

Chris Clark

Agent
I blind bought May and fell for it. I never would have noticed it if it wasn't in this thread. Thanks for the heads up!

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I picked up friends season 4 with pricematch for frys at $24.99 and shanghi knights both at bestbuy. I actually got this for $24.49 with the 10% extra of the differance.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I got the Best Buy reward zone card w/ my Sailor Moon purchase yesterday. Anyone else have this? It's just like the Replay card for Suncoast... just for Best Buy. It was $9.99 and I already earned a $5 GC ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I got the Best Buy reward zone card w
sent one free. i got it yesterday.

sent my wife an offer to come in and get a free one too.

you get a $5 gc for every $125 you spend. thats ok but it really isnt much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks