What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-23-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I didn't start watching Boston Legal until the 2nd season. I'm hooked! It is my favorite TV show and one of the very few that I record. I'll definitely be picking up season 1 so I can see how it all started.

Until I read this thread, I wasn't aware that season 1 was coming so soon. Now I'm downright giddy from the thought of all that terrific humor that is coming in a $35 box! :)

Mark

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

I only heard about this film by recently viewing an advertisement for it through some kind of mail-order offer. It does look like an interesting documentary.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
If I can confirm that the new Longest Day SE is indeed anamorphic I'll pick it up. The old version was a very good but still non-anamorphic version of this extremely wide aspect ratio film.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Only Transamerica, considering I picked up Jarhead 2 disc and Rebel Without a Cause already this weekend. Gotta start saving the pennies for June...

Thanks guys!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Oh my, this week is going to kill me.

Chronicles of Riddick (HD-DVD)
U-571 (HD-DVD)
Van Helsing (HD-DVD)
Kingdom of Heaven: Dir. Cut (4-disc)
Deadwood: Season II

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Lots of good older films I'd like to add at some point but money's tight this week Only MASH for me.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I had only seen about the first minute of so of episodes of the first season after Desperate Housewives, but I was intrigued, so when it moved to Tuesday nights I started taping it and saw the handful of season 1 episodes they showed before Season 2. I was quickly hooked. It is just so much fun!

I never watched The Practice, so I think Best Buy is going to get my business here with the four episodes that led into Boston Legal.

IMDB lists episodes with Denny Crane as in these 6 episodes

1. War of the Roses (21 March 2004) - Denny Crane
2. The Case Against Alan Shore (28 March 2004) - Denny Crane
3. The Firm (18 April 2004) - Denny Crane
4. Comings and Goings (25 April 2004) - Denny Crane
5. New Hoods on the Block (2 May 2004) - Denny Crane
6. Adjourned (16 May 2004) - Denny Crane

So, I would guess that four of these episodes are on the bonus disc. Maybe the final four? I guess we'll find out later.

Neil

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

For that, John, I thank you! :emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone for the info on Boston Legal: Season 1. I might just take the plunge. Those four episodes from The Practice on the BB disc might take mt there. The only other thing for me this week would be the SNL: Commercial Parodies. A real guilty pleasure for me. i find so many of them well done. Just thinking about Schmitt's Gay gets me to smilin' :D

The only other title I've been pondering is High School Musical. Don't know much of anything about it except that it, too, has gotten good word of mouth and that Kenny Ortega is involved. I like musicals, in general, and usually like things-Disney. Anyone got thoughts on that?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Mike and Patrick!

I "saw" today that Costco will have Boondock Saints for $16.69 which looks like the best B&M deal around.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry about my error. Someone in my family really enjoys this show and is going through some hard times right now. I was excited about picking this up ASAP to surprise her with this as a gift.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Word of warning, then, Mike. Schmitt's Gay is NOT on the disc, according to the DVDTalk review. It's surprising that it's not included because it was on the Commercial Parodies special NBC aired a few months ago, which led to this release (although its music had been changed on that special). And the included bits are mostly from recent seasons, leaving off some of the good older ones. That's why I'm not buying it, but if it eventually lands in 2/$15 sales or a dump bin, I may pick it up.

On the plus side, Oops I Crapped My Pants is included. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott: Thanks! You just saved me some $$$. No sale.

I'll just sit at home and watch something far more entertaining...the new HTF smilie...Mr. Banana!

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I guess I'll consider the savings my down payment on Boston Legal! :D

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Just the Kingdom of Heaven DC for me. Already ordered from Overstock.com (see separate thread in this forum).
Thanks Mike!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FYI: The VH1 website is selling Metal: A Headbanger's Journey for $18.89.

Tonight at 9, they're showing a 1-hour doc called Heavy: The Story Of Metal. No idea whether the two are related. :)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

I'd like to get Boondock Saints SE (NR) and Kingdom of Heaven: Dir. Cut (4-disc), but I'll probably hold off for a while and pick them up if / when the prices drop.

I was going to pick-up SNL: Best of Commercial Parodies, but now I'm hesitating after reading the review over at DVDTalk.com (thanks for the heads-up Scott_J).

The only 2 definites for me (actually for the kids) this week are Cheaper By the Dozen 2 and High School Musical - both titles are eagerly antcipated in my household! For me, I'm just happy about the prices for both at CC this week.

Julio - I'd go with Entrapment - it's a good heist / suspense / action flick that's worth the $6 - IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks