What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-20-2007 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm on the fence about Maude...loved it when it originally ran on CBS (although I wasn't crazy about Mrs. Naugatuck in the later seasons) and am a huge fan of Bea and Rue---just not sure how well it will hold up after all these years...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I think rather Well, Alot of the issues discussed are still relevant today, and one thing Bea Arthur had in the rold was a grand sense of comedic timing and nothing takes that away. I'm looking forward to Maude this Week and Mary Hartman the next.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Just Wild, Wild, West S2 for me. Really been a light few weeks (months) for me. Just a TV show now and then.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I received seasons 3 and 4 of Miami Vice last Tuesday (originally ordered from DDD when they had their brief "20PERCENT" sale last month). FWIW, there is a $3 off Season 4 coupon attached to the front of Season 3. I have no idea if Best Buy will honor it in combination with their 2 for $50 sale, though.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Sunday Best Buy Ad (Which is right in front of me) Shows Seasons 3 and 4 for $36.00 Each, but right next to it is the "2 for $50 when you buy ANY two seasons of Miami Vice! As I posted earlier I'll be at the Front Door when they open Tomorrow! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm with Dave, I think it's still hilarious. I remember watching a bunch of episodes a year or two ago when they had marathons on TV Land and had stomach cramps from laughing so hard.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
William: When I asked if it wasn't clear...I meant this item in my original post:

Something tells me we just weren't communicatin' too well on this point! :D

=====================

Re: Maude. I was never a huge fan of the show...although Adrienne Barbeau was a very important figure for me during my adolescence! ;)

But, watching some broadcasts of old All in the Family shows recently though had me thinking that the sitcom formula--when based on topical current events--doesn't seem to hold up as well for me. But I suppose it's a real YMMV situation based on your own personal preferences.

I'd say if once a fan, still a fan.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Geez, no Target exclusive bonus on the Blood Diamond 2-disc? What is the world coming to???

Perhaps I'll wait until the next DDD sale. . .

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's funny, Aaron. When I opened the Target ad and saw the Blood Diamond and Eragon SEs featured prominently, I thought for SURE I was looking at two new Target "Deluxe editions" of those titles. Wasn't to be, however.

I wonder if they were maybe trying to give the impression they had something different to offer with those two titles?

Me? Paranoid? Just because everyone is out to get me?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just realized that I might have given the wrong impression -- I am not a fan of retailer bonuses! (But I can be a real hypocrite when they do that with something I want ;) -- and it's usually Target that does so.)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Mike,

From the photo of Rocky Balboa, the other boxer's last name is Tarver not Carver.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
What's even more frustrating is that most of these second discs are incredibly weak in terms of content. Practically gone is the day of the fully "tricked out" 2-disc special edition. I now think long and hard (and always read reviews first) before shelling out an additional $6 to $10 for a 2-disc set. I just can't cost justify the extra $$ for a measly 30 minutes or less of additional content, most of which I will never watch more than once or twice.

That said, give me a thoughtful, carefully crafted 2-disc set like, say, Forbidden Planet, and I'm in! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from Target.
Only South Park Season 8 was on sale.
They had all 9 seasons available.

Thought it was interesting, I went to Circuit City first to price match.
The only season they didn't have was Season 8

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Re: the $3 off season 4 of Miami Vice coupon attached to the front of season 3 - it technically won't work at BB with their 2 for $50 deal, but YMMV -

I tried it today. The coupon registered as $0.00. The girl checking me out said "It must not work with the sale" to which I replied - "It should - its a manufacturers coupon - you get reimbursed on it". She then tried it a second time and it still came up $0.00. So she completed the sale (complete with the big sale screen that comes up which she has to confirm to get the 2 for $50 price) and the total was exactly $53.00. ($50 plus $3 tax). At that point she entered a generic "manufacturers coupon" somehow and put the amount at $3 which was deducted. So my set came out at exactly $50.

There really isn't any reason why it shouldn't work - the 2 for $50 is Best Buy's own sale price. Universal is kicking in the $3.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Found Rocky Balboa for $15.87 at my local Wal-Mart. :emoji_thumbsup:

And they also had on a clearance shelf about 3 dozen copies of the Eagles: Melbourne Farewell Tour 2-disc set (with a "three new song" Wal-Mart bonus disc) for just $5! :eek: I think I paid a bit more for that 2-disc set (even though it was used). Great DTS track.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I found the new Masters Of Horror disc at Target for $9.99 which is about $3 cheaper than most stores. Also it has the uncensored cover (which is so tame that a 100 year old lady probably wouldn't be bothered by it) as opposed to the clean version that the Best Buy in my area was carrying.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Is it just me or are the dvd covers for Rocky Balboa and Blood Diamond just hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks