What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features
full

– Greenland – 2020
full

– The Parallax View – 1974
full

– A Tale of Two Cities – 1935
full

– All Creatures Great and Small – 2020
full

– Wings of the Hawk – 1953
full

– Jazz on a Summer’s Day – 1959...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Things pick up again this week, RoundUppers!

Quite a few high-profile titles mixed in with some unique and long-awaited titles. There's even a few new releases, too!

There's gotta be something you like! Right?!? :laugh:

Safe shopping! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Definitely Wings of the Hawk from Kino.

Freaky is from Blumhouse, so it's probably worth a watch at a reasonable price, though the presence of Vince Vaughn makes me hesitant.

Tourist Trap sounds interesting.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I should point out that since this week's RoundUp went live, Amazon has dropped the price on the DVD of You Go To My Head from $99.00 to $24.99.

Best Buy still has a much better price. :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike!

I will probably end up with the Blu-ray of Six By Sondheim eventually But I don't need it right away. So nothing for me next week.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those that like these sales -- advance Target Ad shows a new B2G1 deal starting 2/9.

As usual, Select Items and says no preorders, but the Select part has seemed to be thousands and many preorders have qualified.

Usually I look at a lot of the WAC blurays, but since Oct or so, virtually none of them have even been listed. Of the 20 I checked again this morning, only 3 of the last 20-30 itmes were listed at all.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
For those that like these sales -- advance Target Ad shows a new B2G1 deal starting 2/9.

As usual, Select Items and says no preorders, but the Select part has seemed to be thousands and many preorders have qualified.

Usually I look at a lot of the WAC blurays, but since Oct or so, virtually none of them have even been listed. Of the 20 I checked again this morning, only 3 of the last 20-30 itmes were listed at all.

Is there an easy way to find the WAC Blu-rays, David? Can you search by label or do you have to go title by title?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kino shipped out my order early, so yesterday the following arrived:

• Man from Del Rio / The Ride Back
  • So Evil My Love
  • The Suspect
  • Wings of the Hawk 3-D

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Target's website is the wonkiest I've ever seen - I think the most success I've had is to search Warner Bros. Digital Dist for current titles.

1612583543782.png

Also the pre-order prices on some items I checked for the 20% off sale have gone way up

Battle Hymn - which I pre-ordered with the price of $16.59 before the discount is now $24.99 - And the 2nd Carol Lombard and Western Classics sets from Kino are $49.99 up from $33.99 ... :(>- This actually indicates there may be limited pre-orders. The Criterion New Releases are showing at $39.99 - It's a puzzlement ;) ...
1612584068481.png

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Is there an easy way to find the WAC Blu-rays, David? Can you search by label or do you have to go title by title?

If you do a search on " Warner Bros. Digital Dist " that will pull up a lot of them, but there will be plenty missed. I leave it at the relevance filter since that seems to make the more recent items stay up front. The filters actually seem to make it worse. Overall it seems around 150 WAC BD are on the site for now, but only a small number of those released since Aug/Sept. Actually I hadn't realized they'd restocked a lot of the older items, but the newer stock is what's missing -- that's seems backwards than the way Target Stock used to run.

Since all the BD items I need are fairly recent it's not too hard to search individually by UPC since I have them in a Excel sheet. I tend not to accumulate a lot of missed WAC between the 3-4 time/year DD sales which usually I can get them $12-14 and the 3 time/yr 4/44 sales. For a year or two, Target B2g1 was pretty good about having recent release and even preorders at around $12-13 ea which is well within my purchase zone. It also was pretty good at those TV and multidisc sets that many of the WBshop sales don't have some deal -- BF they had a nice 40% off and DD often has 35-40% and a 10-15% code.

Right now all I'm finding is Pump Up the Volume preorder at full price, Harley Quinn S1/2, The Curse of Frankenstein, and the Man Who Would be King that weren't On Sale at the BF WBShop 4/44 + Sales.

A googledoc with a lot of basic information in one place. I think it was just updated
GoogleDoc Allied Vaughn Pressed Bluray MOD for Warner/Sony/Universal

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Right now all I'm finding is Pump Up the Volume preorder at full price, Harley Quinn S1/2, The Curse of Frankenstein, and the Man Who Would be King that weren't On Sale at the BF WBShop 4/44 + Sales.
That's pretty much all I've found and TCoF was in "recommendations" at bottom of the screen. (I believe you have to click on a title "of interest" to get recommendations). Sometimes that's where other titles show up.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Target B2G1 Sale is live....
1612687850187.png

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It also appears they really clamped down on the Preorders being eligible. I can only see 4 out of 270 BD/4K preorders eligible for the B2G1 right now. I know the previous sales always said preorders were excluded but it always seemed about half were always eligible once the sale started

That unfortunately includes the one WAC preorder for Pump Up the Volume that actually dropped to 17.99 after my first post and would have made a nice 3-fer. They also blocked Croods New Age 3D -- not a great price, but it I could have found couple other 35-40 items that would have brought it to around $25

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It also appears they really clamped down on the Preorders being eligible. I can only see 4 out of 270 BD/4K preorders eligible for the B2G1 right now. I know the previous sales always said preorders were excluded but it always seemed about half were always eligible once the sale started

That unfortunately includes the one WAC preorder for Pump Up the Volume that actually dropped to 17.99 after my first post and would have made a nice 3-fer. They also blocked Croods New Age 3D -- not a great price, but it I could have found couple other 35-40 items that would have brought it to around $25
I ended up getting two of the older $100 SRP Criterions "BlueWhiteRed: Three Colors Trilogy" and "Berlin Alexanderplatz" and The Flintstones Complete blu-ray for an average price of $48.33 BEFORE the Red Card Discount.

Now I'm sure Criterion will have their 50% off sale next week ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks