World Wide Stereo

Weekly RoundUp 12-5-2006 (1 Viewer)

728x90

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Mike and Patrick!

Saw in the Costco flyer that they are selling Pirates of the Caribbean 2-disc version for $6 off until December 24th. So that should make it only $18.49 which appears to be the cheapest so far.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Whoa, I'm there, I have a church meeting to goto tomorrow after work and getting stuff on that list is absolutely will be consumed with in the week. :)

James D

Second Unit
You also have to buy Robin Hood:Most Wanted Edition and the $6 is taken off of the combo.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I noticed the Disney's Robin Hood in the ad too but was thinking that it didn't mention the need to buy both. I'll definitely take another look. Thanks!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Noticed that Amazon.com lowered the price of the Frank Capra Collection to $37.47 today (37% off MSRP).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Whenever I click on this item, I get a weird message from Overstock. Has anyone else gotten this?

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I picked up True Life Adventure sets 1 and 3 at J&R in NYC this afternoon - Roy Disney was there to sign copies.
I ordered SNL: Season 1 at buy.com with GoogleCheckout - $30, shipped. Can't wait to start on this...
And I got in on the Oliver Stone deal as well... Spent a lot of money, but got a lot!

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
if anyone is interested, deep discount is having a buy one get one free sale

on some sets. and amazon is having a sale too, the first season of cheyenne

is only like $12.00 !

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That reminds me. I heard a national radio ad today (on ESPN Radio) for DDD...for this sale. On the radio, they said it was a BOGO for Fox TV sets...but as you can see HERE, DDD has also included a number of film sets (MGM). Mel Brooks and Billy Wilder are both included, Charlie Chan, Gable, McQueen, Newman, Eastwood, Die Hard trilogy, Marilyn Monroe, Shirley Temple, etc.

There are definitely some good deals to be had.

James D

Second Unit
www.dvdplanet.com/b1g1.cfm is having the same BOGO sale as DDD(DVD Planet is the sister site of DDD). Their prices are actually a little cheaper than DDD on some of the titles. Best of all though is that you can use the $10 off of $30 promotion through Google Checkout and they have free shipping on orders over $25.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Excellent information, James. :emoji_thumbsup:

=====================

For anyone who hasn't done it, I used the Google checkout for a purchase at buy.com recently...saved $20. Easy pickins'. Nice savings.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I'll second that easy pickins' part . . . and the best thing is that there is no limit on the number of times that you can use Google Checkout and get the discounts: $10 off $30 or $20 off $50.

I've made 3 purchases using the $10 off $30 and 4 purchases using the $20 off $50. The bummer for me is that Buy.com charges sales tax for shipments to California (and Maryland, Massachusetts, and Tennessee). And, if sales tax applies, it is calculated on the pre-Google Checkout discount total. Oh well, still a nice savings.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...I wasn't going to get into it...but you never know if someone else might be interested...

I bought a HP Photosmart 8250 Photo Printer at buy.com.

Listed at $99.18
Minus a $40 mail-in rebate = $55.18
Minus $20 for Google Checkout = $35.18
Plus $0.00 for free shipping/no sales tax = $35.18 total! :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick FYI - Google Checkout is only good on in stock items at DVDPlanet. So I can't get the discount on X-Files Season 1. Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous01
Recent bookmarks