What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11/23/04 (1 Viewer)

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Waitaminute! Somebody's slamming Ewok buyers and many of the mostly male posters on this thread are buying Golden Girls?!? :)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
YUB YUB!! Ewok Adventures for me. I just loved these when I was younger - hopefully they'll stand up to what I remember after all this time.

And I side note: If you have yet to pick up Spiderman, Walmart is sticking them in the 5.50 bin. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the employee throwing in a couple dozen. I even asked her if it was indeed 5.50 and she said yes. As always YMMV. :)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting Harry Potter tonight at Wal-Mart for 14.99 ad matching Circuit City. (Edit no need to price match Wal-Mart already did so in their computers so I grabbed it for $14.87!) Also on a side note my Wal-Mart has the Fluffy bobble heads and Harry Potter movie posters that are being give away with the purchase of the movie, while supplies last. My store only got 48 of the bobble heads and 100+ posters. Also they have a exclusive notebook w/ purchase of the movie on select movies, but it sadly is only in FS and will not be priced matched. Here's an cell phone picture of the little display another co-worker and I built, and a picture of Fluffy and the poster.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Cloak & Dagger and Harry Potter for me.

Anyone upgrading from the Rambo 4-disc metal case set to the Ultimate edition?

It was tempting but am sticking with the 4-disc set.

BradWOO

Stunt Coordinator
Good morning, everyone. My local Target has the Seinfeld sets priced at $27.99 each. In addition, you receive a free box of Pop Secret Popcorn.

Brad

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
As speculated, Costco's price is $31.29 for each of the sets, not together. Target's $27.99 is where I got them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i picked up the seinfeld set.

68.99 at bestbuy after price match from compusa.
i was gonna get the seperate releases but for only $9 more, what the heck.

i also noticed that in the north wilmington del area not one store had cloak and dagger.

bestbuy didnt have any in, or on order, CC didnt even have it in their system, borders had one in the store but they couldnt find it, so csr said it would probably be faster to get it if i ordered it then picked it up when it came in, ? so i did. only 7.99 there.
but i think it's only 5.99 at deepdiscount so i'll just order from them.
CC and BB csr's looked at me like i was speaking alien when i asked about cloak and dagger.
plus they didnt know how to spell cloak.

also no one had sweet liberty or commandments, but not a problem because they are mar. (probably shouldnt be in the round up).

CC only had 3 of the terminal 3 disc sets and they had to find them in the back.

bestbuy had plenty marked at 28.99.
i also saw that best buy had ragtime and foul play on their new release table they set up every tuesday.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Seinfeld gift sets were almost gone at 11 this morning, 4 left. About 50 bonus DVDs still in the shelf and tons of the magazines at best buy.

The Star Wars releases are available in a 3 pack at Sams Club for about $25

The U2 Special edition conveniently located at best buy is not the only way to get the DVD. There's a cheaper edition DVD and CD minus the book at Amazon at least.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that's not a best buy exclusive. it's 25.99 at my CC.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Many thanks as always Mike.

Brad & George - thanks for the update on the Target Seinfeld pricing.

I'm on my way now to pick-up Seinfeld S1/S2 & S3, HP/Azkaban, and The Terminal (just called Target - $15.99).

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

I know. :D I do the same thing so don't worry about missing "not." Just wanted to get the word out that there are at least two DVD editions.

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up two gift sets at Best Buy today for $79.99. Can I bring in the ad from CompUsa and my receipt and get the difference back?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Mike,

Does my membership get revoked if I buy the Ewoks adventures for my 6 old brother. He likes Ewoks.

Anyway, Picked up Harry Pothead at CC for $14.99.

Joe

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the 2 Seinfeld sets at Target for $27.99. Each came with a free 8 pack of popcorn (which was timely since I was just out of popcorn from the last Target offer). But actually they were more than free! The popcorn rang up at 2x3.59 & a 7.18 coupon was applied. But the coupon was applied to the Seinfeld sets & since food is not taxable in California, I saved an additional 59 cents. Whoo hooo!

So the 2 Seinfeld sets and 16 bowls of popcorn came to 60.01, instead of 60.60 for the sets alone.

Did I mention that I love Target!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Malcolm, is the coupon in the store or in some sort of flyer? I don't have a Costco card but I can always steal on of my 'rents cards.

Dude, THANK YOU for bringing that up!!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
To tell the truth, I'm really not sure how to get them. Someone tossed a coupon book in the trash at the family store and I fished it out. Not sure where the person got it from.

My best guess is they were handing them out at the warehouse (it was not mailed and I doubt Costco would pay for a newspaper insert), but I don't know if they'll have any available on the actual sale days.

Unfortunately, the coupon is only good for one set, so choose carefully! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks