What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2007 (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
FYI, Amazon.com has lowered their price on The Jungle Book to $14.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I don't really have anything to bring back. My receipt shows a "pre-order"...but $0.00. What's the point? They're not likely to take $5 off Ratatouille with that.

Just go wherever the best deal is. It's not like there's any advantage to pre-order...unless you get some kind of deal/incentive to do so.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
My flirty clerk gave me the pre-order slip but told me it wouldn't work to knock off the $5 when I came back to buy Ratta..whatever. Why'd she give it to me then?

I think I'll try it anyway. Is that dishonest?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Franklin: You're just a confused consumer (which I am most of the time). ;) Good luck.

So you got a second receipt (a pre-order/deposit slip)? Separate from the receipt on which you purchased things? I only got the one receipt.

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads-up on the new Dracula CE. That Walmart deal was too good to pass up.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I got two things -- I got the slip I brought up to the register that she used to scan the barcode and the receipt which shows my purchases ($0.00 for the pre-order). I guess I'll just take the slip in (and not the receipt) when Rattitouille comes out and cross my fingers. If it works I got a pretty great deal -- a total of $10.00 off for both the purchases.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna gues that won't work. That slip (assuming you're talking about the little card on the DVD racks which has the barcodes) is only to be used by clerks to ring-up the pre-order. I doubt that'll get you too far.

It's funny, my clerk put mine in my bag, too! Just took a look:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks