What's new

Wanted Dead Or Alive-Season 3 ! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

That's a big 10-4 on that one, Mike. That would be great to see RH get a full series release.

David L, I have a general question about the "independents" regarding Xfr's to DVD when an independent acquires the rights for distribution from a major studio. Is it always a "given" that an ind. studio will be loaned (or however it's handled) the original elements from the major studios for their releases? I'm curiious about this since the Twilight Zone (Def ver) are excellent quality from Image but there other series that have been distributed by an Independent that don't look as sharp.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

You're always given something. Sometimes it's original elements, sometimes it's already authored DLTs, sometimes it's just whatever remains of the original elements (like the original Filmation materials no longer exist, just the digital versions that Hallmark created years ago).

Sometimes we're given things that have already been restored, sometimes we'll do a restoration at our cost (or we'll split it with the studio, since they'll get back better masters than they gave us). And sometimes a property has to go out "as is", because it isn't going to sell enough units to recoup the remastering costs.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
David,

Thanks again for your info. There's a lot more that goes into the mfg of these sets, more than I'd known before reading your posts here at HTF.

The way I see it, is that if the TV/DVD market stays afloat, there's hope for some of us "vintage" guys out here :)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Thats cool to hear , based on the good reviews here , I bought wanted dead or live used today at great used dvd shop were I live in so cal called interact for 20.00. I watch the first six eposide and like the show alot, Bci did a nice job on the set ,clean captures, CC, and a few cool extras , Im going to most like get the second season and thrid too, if first season eposide continue to be as much fun as the first six eposide are.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
:)

BobSchneider

Second Unit

God do I know that about Fox, Im a huge NYPD blue fan, and fox stop the season sets on season four which ends as a cliffhanger, (I know how the cliff hanger resolved I watch the show when it on the air) But still it sucks becauses honestly I have no faith in fox completing any series they release on dvd and am very relucatant to by any futher dvd sets fox release due to their shoddy track record on series completion.:angry:

BubbaCoop

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark

One episode? I get freezing on EVERY episode. I've had the season 1 set for 2 years and haven't been able to watch it. I thought I just had a crappy DVD player that had trouble with the compression, so if they haven't changed anything, I guess there's no point in buying it again. So the re-release still has the same extras if they didn't change anything, right? Did they at least change the packaging to match the season 2 packaging (which is much better)?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I have the original WDOA S1 set and I'm about 80% through the set. I haven't had any issues with the set (no freezing, pixtels, etc). I guess I was fortunate with this one. I have a Pioneer DV-578A R-Free player. The only thing that I notice when viewing the S1 set is that the "Bit Rate" is always at "0" or a very low # vs my other TV/DVD sets (ave 4-7 Bit Rate). Would that have something to do with the Canal "PAL" Masters that I recall reading here were used for the S1 set? I see the same low Bit Rate# when viewing the Saint Complete B/W set.

S

silverking

I think you may just have been unlucky. My set had no problems at all on my Panasonic.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I'm really enjoying the S2 set and look forward to completing the series when S3 comes out (it'll be the first tv western in my collection with that distinction). The only thing I find fault with is the long lead time to get to the main menu. At around 1:20 from disc load to menu selection, it's about the longest of any of my sets.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Anybody know if they get rid of Jason in season 3 ? I preferred Josh Randell as a Solo act, why did they bring in another character, did they feel he was'nt carrying the show? Or did they want to have a replacement if he threatened to leave? The guy who placed Jason reminded me of a Poor man's Henry Fonda, has the same voice inflection

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I was wondering this myself as I just watched the episode the other night where he is introduced ("Jason"). Just now checked IMDB.com and discovered that he appears in the final 11 episodes of S2 only. Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks