What's new

Walmart Acquires Vizio For $2.3B (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Vizio was briefly an excellent display manufacturer a few years ago. I bought two of them in 2020. After declining since then, I'm guessing this signs the death of that.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Vizio was briefly an excellent display manufacturer a few years ago. I bought two of them in 2020. After declining since then, I'm guessing this signs the death of that.
Yeah, both TCL and Hisense have surpassed Vizio in picture quality and consumer trust.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Both our Vizio displays died within a few months of each other last year. One was the display in our primary home theater and was 7-8 years old. The other was in the living room of our SC condo and was about two years old -- but that one was damaged by a lightning strike that hit the condo complex. However, that newer Vizio had a seam you could see at times running down the middle of the display -- calibration got rid of most of it, but it still showed up faintly depending on what was on the display. My wife never noticed it, but I was never happy with it. My days of buying Vizio are probably done.
Yeah, both TCL and Hisense have surpassed Vizio in picture quality and consumer trust.
Ironically, I replaced the Vizio display in our main HT with a TCL 75-inch QM8 Mini-LED, and the SC condo display with a Hisense 65-inch U7K mini-LED.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Both our Vizio displays died within a few months of each other last year. One was the display in our primary home theater and was 7-8 years old. The other was in the living room of our SC condo and was about two years old -- but that one was damaged by a lightning strike that hit the condo complex. However, that newer Vizio had a seam you could see at times running down the middle of the display -- calibration got rid of most of it, but it still showed up faintly depending on what was on the display. My wife never noticed it, but I was never happy with it. My days of buying Vizio are probably done.

Ironically, I replaced the Vizio display in our main HT with a TCL 75-inch QM8 Mini-LED, and the SC condo display with a Hisense 65-inch U7K mini-LED.
If I needed to replace either of those 2020 Vizio TVs today, I expect it would be with OLEDs. Probably LG.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If I needed to replace either of those 2020 Vizio TVs today, I expect it would be with OLEDs. Probably LG.
I considered an LG OLED for our main HT. However, they are still more expensive than LED (even mini-LED) displays. Considering the expected lifespan of modern displays, I didn't want to spend that much money. Mini-LED got me most of the way there in picture quality for a better price - - especially when I was replacing two large screens in such a short span of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks