What's new

Wall-E two and three disc sets on November 18 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Digital copy is a DRM copy of the movie that you can play on portable devices. Most licenses say you can put it on one PC and one portable device. The resolutions can differ, here's what you get with Juno Dig Copy according to Fox's site:
  • Windows Media "PC" version -- at 720 x 390 resolution for Juno (AVP is 720 x 300)
  • "Portable" Windows Media version -- at lower 320 x 174 resolution
  • Apple iTunes version -- at 853 x 461 resolution (AVP is 853 x 356)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Same here. It's easier to ignore an extra feature than to regret not having it.

Holer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joel
Aw don't be a hater of 'Cars'. It was such an obvious labor of love, and I find that it really resonates with people of a certain age and era. My parents and cousins are all in their 60's and I think it's their favorite Pixar movie hands down.

Like 'Wall-e', though, it's a bit divisive. People either love it or don't really like it. Personally, I always take this as a sign of true quality. Pixar is sticking to their guns and doing exactly what they want to do and not worrying about whether it will appeal to all of the people all of the time.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

I checked my order this AM to be sure I had the 3 disc version in my order queue, and I note that the 2 disc listing shows no release date.

Seems odd (and likely incorrect) that they would be the same price.

Brian

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
They're doing it on purpose, I guess, so the extra disc won't cost you anything.
Good one for Amazon!

Cees

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
My favourite film of the year, thus far anyway. Presto was great too. I've never enjoyed my job more than running sessions of WALL-E, and taking pride in a quality screening.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, it has become boring that Pixar keeps producing wonderful films
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

bases1616

Agent
Real Name
Alex
Bored? What about Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles are just a few. You must be one of those high maintenance people.

Rolando

Screenwriter
why can't they just include a DVD of the movie like they did for Sleeping Beauty? That would have been perfect for. What I need is to have an additional copy I can play on other TV, in the car on the portaple DVD player. Digital copy does nothing for me. What if I have no computer? don't have an iPod. I want my kids to watch it on their TV in the playroom eventually by themselves.
missed opportunity if you ask me.

bases1616

Agent
Real Name
Alex
Any early reviews yet? There are reviews out there for Hancock that comes out a week later and Hellboy II next week. I still have not seen the audio specs yet for this movie.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

The BB circular today shows the same price for the 3 Disc DVD and BR (~$30).

There may be others, but I do not recall any previous release where the BR and DVD were the same price.

Brian

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Well I played it at home. Looks and sounds fantastic like that is any surprise. Specs are dtsHD 5.1 24 bit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks