What's new

Using my Previous Marantz THX Receiver Amp Sections as Dedicated Amps (1 Viewer)

bronsontheman

Auditioning
Real Name
Bronson
POSTING AGAIN! (Some glitch :/)

I am new to the forums here and thought I would ask what everyones thoughts are in using a new setup of mine (Also looking for data to back up your input if talking about nitty gritty specs) . I am using (2) of my fully functional Marantz SR7500 THX Receivers amp sections (7.1 Channel Input/Direct Input, not using the sub in) in combination with my new Marantz SR6008's Pre-out's. I am a sound engineer and love to play with electronics, I know these Marantz SR7500 units had the following specifications: CLASS A/B Current Feedback, 105 dB S/N, 105 Watts x 7, large transformer and filter capacitors (18,000uf x2), discrete regulation sections and a Power consumption of 650 watts. Yet, I know for the "NEW" Marantz SR6008 (aside from hdmi switching, hdam, and great connectivity for me) Still Class A/B Current Feedback the power supply is much smaller, (filter capacitors (only 10,000uf x2) AND transformer reduced in size, regulation components are cheap, no THX certification, amplifier section has changed, smaller heatsinks, roughly 10 lbs. lighter, and the S/N ratio is below 100 dB.

With my testing I have concluded this:

1) 6008 Pre-out's -> First 7500: 7 ch. Input (L/R/C) , Second 7500 7 ch. Input (RS,LS,RR,LR)
2) Set 7500 gain to 0dB Fixed, Use 6008 as the processor/pre-amp
3) Each 7500 has a power consumption around 650W, minus other internal components parasitic loads and non-perfect efficiency I would estimate 600W is reserved for the amplifier section in combination with the massive filter capacitors. This means 600W/7 Ch. gives aprox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks