What's new

Using a ReplayTV with Motorola 5100 cable box on Comcast (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Is anyone using a ReplayTV with a Comcast HD cable box? If so what remote code are you using? All the codes I've found so far send the channel numbers plus enter. Enter is also the music screen button, so I get the listing of music channels for a minute.

Cindy V

Agent
Mine works on the Motorola 5100 Digital box using code 4476. However, I have been trying to get mineto work with the new HD box unit 6200 and it will not work. I got it to send signals to the box using code 0476 but no cable signal is detected. I am being told (this forum)that we will not be able to tape anything off of this box.

Cindy V

Agent
No, that is the 6208 and is not available yet in the chicagoland area yet. The 6200 is the HD cable box vs the 5100 which was the digital box. HUGE difference in PQ! It is so good I was thinking about getting one for the kitchen but if replay can not be used with it, then I will not be adding another one just yet.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The 6200 and 5100 both are HD boxes. The Replay will work with both boxes, but will not record any HD shows. Are you trying to record from the 6200 to the replay via S-Video, composite or F connector? Can youdescribe how you have it hooked up?

Bob*N

Auditioning
Can someone post the remote code they're using for the 6200 box? I have a ReplayTV 5040 and can't seem to get it to work right with the HD Cable box.

Thanks.

adamKI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Bob,

Try 0476, 0276 or 7400. When I used 4476 it would send each number out three times. I believe 7400 was the one that finally did the trick for me, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, set the minimum number of digits to send to 3.

Hope this helps,

adam

adamKI

Stunt Coordinator
Here are the instructions from the ReplayTV website. You can also look up IR blaster code options here.

IR Blaster Fine Tune
To get to the Fine Tuning settings for an IR blaster Code:

1. Press Menu and select Setup
2. Select Change Network and Input settings
3. Select the input (line1, 2, or Ant) that uses the IR blaster
4. Go through the configuration prompts choosing the input type, cable or satellite box, etc until you reach the screen with the IR code(s) on it

Note: If you have a cable box, the first list of boxes you see may be: Motorola, General Instruments, and Other. Choose "Other" to get the full list of brands and IR codes.

5. Highlight Custom, it will be the first code listed, if you've already modified the IR code or highlight the IR code number you wish to modify.
6. Press the Replay Zones Button.

IR Blaster Fine Tuning - Explanations and Settings Enable

Fine Tuning
This must be set to YES for you to be able to affect any changes Use the right arrow to toggle the value

Codeset
This is the code you are working with.

Send Enter
Some Cable and Satellite boxes require that you press enter before the channel changes. The customer can test this by trying their cable or satellite remote. Use the right arrow to toggle between Yes and No

Minimum # of digits to send
If a single digit channel on your cable or satellite shows up as 5, then you have a single digit box. If a single digit channel on your cable or satellite shows up as 05, then you have a 2 digit box. If a single digit channel on your cable or satellite shows up as 005, then you have a 3 digit box. If your cable or satellite box is dropping digits, try changing the minimum # of digits to send to 1.

Inter-action delay: (milliseconds)
This delay determines how long the ReplayTV will wait between sending individual signals Changing this can prevent digits from being dropped. For, one second, enter 1000.

Response Delay: (milliseconds)
This determines how long the ReplayTV will wait before acknowledging that a successful channel change has occurred Changing this response can prevent the "No Video Signal" blue screen from appearing on some cable boxes and satellite receivers.

Pre-command delay: (milliseconds)
This determines how long the ReplayTV will wait before executing plans it receives Changing this can eliminate the need for tape to cover areas of the IR Receiver that are not covered by the IR blaster.

Inter-Command delay: (milliseconds)
This determines how long the ReplayTV will wait between sending entire commands Changing this can prevent back-to-back channel changes from being dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks