What's new

USHE Press Release: Universal Collections September 2020 (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FOCUS FEATURES 10-MOVIE SPOTLIGHT COLLECTION
ON BLU-RAY™ ON SEPTEMBER 29, 2020​

Since its founding in 2002, Focus Features has been synonymous with innovative and critically acclaimed film-making. The iconic studio presents their renowned films that illuminate some of Hollywood’s greatest writers, directors, and actors in the Focus Features:10-Movie Spotlight Collection! Totaling an impressive 7 Academy Awards® and 11 Golden Globes® wins, the film set includes Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pride & Prejudice, Brokeback Mountain, Atonement, Burn After Reading, Moonrise Kingdom, The Theory of Everything, On the Basis of Sex and Harriet. With films from acclaimed directors such as The Coen Brothers, Sophia Coppola, Ang Lee and Wes Anderson, this collection is loaded with bonus features including filmmaker feature commentaries, cast interviews, deleted scenes and more!​

BLUMHOUSE OF HORRORS: 10-MOVIE COLLECTION

ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD ON SEPTEMBER 29, 2020​

Invite yourself into the BLUMHOUSE OF HORRORS: 10-MOVIE COLLECTIONand visit the most thrilling, chilling, and unforgettable characters from Get Out, The Purge, Ouija, Split, The Visit, Unfriended, Truth or Dare, The Boy Next Door, Happy Death Day, and Ma. The studio and filmmakers, including Jordan Peele and M. Night Shyamalan, that redefined the genre of horror present ten of the most spine-tingling films that will have you running for the front door! The collection includes iconic horror and suspense thrillers with all-star casts including Ethan Hawke, Jennifer Lopez, Octavia Spencer, James McAvoy and more. There are hours of bonus content including featurettes, deleted scenes, alternate endings, behind-the-scenes & much more!​

ALFRED HITCHCOCK CLASSICS COLLECTION

OWN THE BRAND NEW 4K ULTRA HD COMBO PACK
WITH A BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL CODE ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2020​
Universally recognized as the Master of Suspense, the legendary Alfred Hitchcock directed some of cinema’s most thrilling and unforgettable classics. The ALFRED HITCHCOCK CLASSICS COLLECTION features four iconic films from the acclaimed director’s illustrious career including Rear Window, Vertigo, Psycho and The Birds in stunning 4K resolution. Starring Hollywood favorites such as James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Tippi Hedren, Kim Novak and Rod Taylor, this essential collection features hours of bonus features as well as the original uncut version of Psycho for the first time ever. This collection with collectible Discbook packaging includes hours of bonus features such as documentaries, expert commentaries, interviews, screen tests and much more!​

DREAMWORKS 10-MOVIE COLLECTION

OWN THESE ANIMATED CLASSICS

Relive each classic moment as an ogre, a panda, a yeti, and so many more of your favorite characters embark on epic journeys across their worlds. With lots of laughs and breathtakingly beautiful animation, this collection is perfect for children and parents alike. The fun-filled collection includes Shrek, Madagascar, Home, Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron, How to Train your Dragon, The Croods, Kung Fu Panda, Boss Baby, Abominable, and Trolls! The DREAMWORKS 10-MOVIE COLLECTION comes with hours of bonus features including animated shorts, music videos, deleted scenes, and much more for the whole family!​

ILLUMINATION PRESENTS 10-MOVIE COLLECTION
Illumination presents all ten of their blockbuster comedies in one collection for the whole family. It includes all three Despicable Me films, The Secret life of Pets 1 & 2, Hop, Minions, Sing, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, and Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch! With all-star voice casts including Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Kevin Hart, Jenny Slate, Sandra Bullock, and Michael Keaton, the ILLUMINATION PRESENTS 10-MOVIE COLLECTION is packed with hours of bonus content including mini-movies, sing-alongs, games and more! ​
Drop image here
Drop image here

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon preorder links to appear here when available

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Well they had me at "as well as the original uncut version of Psycho for the first time ever. " Every second counts.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well they had me at "as well as the original uncut version of Psycho for the first time ever. " Every second counts.

Yeah, that's great news coming off the wealth of conversation devoted to that subject here on HTF.

I just hope it's not "for the first time ever" for 4k meaning that it's the BD version.

However, I'm being optimistic on this one that Universal is aware they have been offering the edited version on past releases.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im 100% in for the Hitchcock set, I may or may not get the Animated collections.. they are fun films but Id rather see them in UHD

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71QKuGJVZtL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 75431

This 4K collection is only discounted $5 from its MSRP of $69.98. How many people are still going to buy it September 8th, instead of waiting for it to be discounted more later this year?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Remember that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which is in the Focus Features set, is getting a new 4K and Blu-ray release by Kino next year. There are some really good movies in there, but I would just buy the ones I want individually because I don't like them all. Presumably these are repackages because all of these have been previously available on Blu-ray.

The DreamWorks collection seems particularly useless because it includes individual films from series that have already been bundled together in previous releases. Shrek has a 4-disc set including all of the movies in that series for $17.99 on Amazon right now, or $29.99 for a bigger set that also includes Puss in Boots and Shrek the Musical. How to Train Your Dragon has a 3-movie set including its entire trilogy for $22 on Amazon right now. Why would people want to pay more for a big set that includes only samples and then have to go buy the sequels separately? I mean, I don't love Shrek the Third or Forever After, but it was cheaper to take them than to buy the ones I wanted individually. And How to Train Your Dragon is a sensational trilogy where all the films are great, so no one should want to omit the sequels. Most of those other films are available on their own for cheaper; Spirit is $7.99 on Blu at Amazon right now. I just don't see how this box set really makes any sense unless it is an impulse buy in-store for people who didn't research it.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just don't see how this box set really makes any sense unless it is an impulse buy in-store for people who didn't research it.

That’s most likely the explanation. They probably have a ton of extra stock and this is an easy way to unload it, particularly getting this out there in the fall in time for holiday shopping season.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That’s most likely the explanation.

Sure, but if think about impulse buys I have made, they are usually inexpensive. I saw Mrs. Doubtfire at a grocery store one day, and I thought, "I don't own that yet" and I bought it. I had always wanted it, but the fact that I saw it there while I was already at the store buying groceries made me think, "Well, I might as well get that too since it's here."

It was probably $10 or so. These 10-movie sets have hefty SRPs, so even if the stores discount them, are they going to be an impulse buy? The titles in the live-action sets are even more confusing because they don't appear to have anything to do with each other necessarily. How many people are going to want enough of them to make the purchase? I mean, good luck to Universal with these, I guess, but I doubt they'll sell very many copies. At least the DreamWorks and illumination box sets are groups of films that will probably appeal to the same audience.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I skimmed this article very quickly and thought it was being released in 4K.

Because we know Kino licensed Eternal Sunshine for 4K release next year, I wouldn't be surprised if other older Focus Features catalog titles such as this follow suit, especially if it sells well.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This 4K collection is only discounted $5 from its MSRP of $69.98.

Of course, it's always possible that Amazon could put in a lower price sometime between now and the release date. I find a lot of times it takes a few days for new listings to have their prices drop to an acceptable level.

This is why the pre-order guarantee is so helpful. I often place pre-orders as soon as they go live and then check prior to the release date to see if it has hit a level I think is okay. If not, I cancel, but doing the order saves me the trouble of having to monitor it every day.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of course, it's always possible that Amazon could put in a lower price sometime between now and the release date. I find a lot of times it takes a few days for new listings to have their prices drop to an acceptable level.

This is why the pre-order guarantee is so helpful. I often place pre-orders as soon as they go live and then check prior to the release date to see if it has hit a level I think is okay. If not, I cancel, but doing the order saves me the trouble of having to monitor it every day.
Man, you're not talking to some rookies here! :D We've been playing this pre-order game for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks