What's new

USHE Announcement: Peter Pan (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Promotion: Peter Pan Blu-ray Release Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 4/5/2011 PETER PAN Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 12/25/2003 Synopsis: Blu-ray Widescreen (61115287) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-20730-3-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 4/5/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 54 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH
Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • pocketBlu
DVD Widescreen (61023072) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-23072-2-5 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 9/9/2008 PreOrder Date: 8/19/2008 Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 54 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: English SDH
French
Spanish
Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: PG CARA Rating: [deleted]Adventure Action Sequences and Peril Bonus Features: • Board the Pirate Ship
• Through the Eyes of Captain Hook
• The Pirates vs. The Lost Boys
• The Lost Pirate Song
• Enter the Castle
• Learning to Fly
• The Mermaids' Tale
• Alternate Ending
• Deleted Scenes: Mr. Darling in the Dog House
• Me & My Shadow
• In the Dog House with Nana
• Explore the Forest
• Tinkerbell: Behind the Fairy Dust
• I Do Believe in Fairies
• Princess Tiger Lily
• Dig Under the Home
• The Legacy of Pan, Hosted by Sarah Ferguson
• The Duchess's Outtakes
• Lost Boys on the Set!

Morsoth

Grip
Real Name
Patrick
Hi Ron,

Do you think the Blu-Ray edition is going to only have the "PocketBlu" as special features while the DVD Re-edition will have a bunch of documentaries and special features or if the Blu-Ray carries over all the DVD special features with the addition of the PocketBlu?

Thank you very much and Merry Xmas!

Blu-ray Widescreen (61115287) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Bonus Features:
• pocketBlu
DVD Widescreen (61023072) : Disc 1 (Side A)
Bonus Features:
• Board the Pirate Ship
• Through the Eyes of Captain Hook
• The Pirates vs. The Lost Boys
• The Lost Pirate Song
• Enter the Castle
• Learning to Fly
• The Mermaids' Tale
• Alternate Ending
• Deleted Scenes: Mr. Darling in the Dog House
• Me & My Shadow
• In the Dog House with Nana
• Explore the Forest
• Tinkerbell: Behind the Fairy Dust
• I Do Believe in Fairies
• Princess Tiger Lily
• Dig Under the Home
• The Legacy of Pan, Hosted by Sarah Ferguson
• The Duchess's Outtakes
• Lost Boys on the Set!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Patrick,

I am *guessing* the Blu-ray will have all the

features of the DVD. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Happy Holidays to you as well, and thanks for

being a member here. Hope to see more of you.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You would think it makes sense for them to include the extra features on the BD, but I wouldn't count on that given the way the specs are listed.

We've already seen Fox/MGM release BD+DVD combo packs of catalog titles w/ barebones BD + all the extras only on the (previously released) DVD (probably to save production costs). And I just noticed that some relatively recent Universal UK catalog releases (eg. Wild at Heart, Scent of a Woman) are apparently barebones on BD50, so it's not a huge stretch to think Universal might be following Fox/MGM's lead and throwing in the (previously released) DVD in part as a cost-effective way to include all the old extras. Certainly, Universal seems to be one studio who'd definitely try something like this to save production costs.

_Man_

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I have to admit that I have zero confidence in Universal as far as their catalogue titles are concerned, both on the transfer quality as well as on the special features side. Been burned too many times, and like with most of their catalogue titles I will not preorder but wait for the first reviews. Saved me a lot of money already.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
This title is already out in other countries and I got a copy. I would imagine the transfer will be identical.

I would put it as ok for a high def release - it's good IMO but I think it could be better.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I think this is a very underrated film, and would not hesitate to buy it on Blu if, and only if, the previously availlable extras are also included.

- Mark

Morsoth

Grip
Real Name
Patrick
Oh my god... what a mistake...

It truly appears that the Blu-Ray doesn't have any Special Features from the DVD after all... If I buy this Blu-Ray disc (Not if higher than $10) I'll keep my DVD and put the BD and DVD discs in a double Blu-Ray case...

That's so annoying when studios release their movies on Blu-ray with no love at all.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I picked it up for ~$10 from B&N. Like I speculated earlier, seems like Universal might be testing the waters w/ going this route for their lesser(?) catalog titles at least for now. Will probably just keep the old DVD around (at least for the forseeable future)...

_Man_

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for the heads up. Keep the DVD for the extras.

I thought this was about Disney's Animated. heh! Although I prefer this film to the animated.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mark_TB

I think this is a very underrated film, and would not hesitate to buy it on Blu if, and only if, the previously availlable extras are also included.

- Mark

I agree that is it very underrated. But I didn't hesitate to buy it. I don't even remember if I ever watched the extras on the DVD release before I sold it off, so they weren't missed at all.

If they were that important to me, I would probably pick up a used DVD super cheap and get a 2 disc Bd case and assemble my own SE, rather than wait for the studio to do right by an audience neglected gem like this.

What matters to me is Universal, a highly inconsistent studio for Bd releases, got this one right where it counts. Some people have expressed concern that there has been DNR selectively applied to some portions of the film (any scene obvious special effects/opticals) but I don't think that is the case. A bit of softness does come and go, but it looks to me to be a nature inherent to the source and not some tampering for this presentation. From what I can recall of the DVD, this is an extremely large upgrade, and I enjoyed and was immersed much more in the film on this second viewing than I was on the first. It's a great take on the material and I'm very happy to finally have it in my collection again in as high quality a release as this.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I believe the extras on the DVD were produced by Sony (who has International rights), so it's possible that the license for them ran out and Universal either couldn't renew or did not want to pay to renew to include them.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Originally Posted by Simon Massey

The extras are all available on the international release which was produced by Sony. It is multi-region.

Except the Sony releases also has a head-butt edited out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks