What's new

use of center speker for l/r front mains (1 Viewer)

MichaelDW

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a psb c6i center speaker and was wanting to know if I could use two more for the front mains. they would also be standing on end instead of laying down like they were designed to be. my problem is I only have 11.75" of depth and none of the stratus series will fit my only other option would be image series. is there anothr brand with the same sound as the psb? thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
for space considerations, you could always go for Bose speakers. Best performance/price ratio......

j/k

But seriously, why not consider stellite speakers instead?

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
For home theater only, Movies sound great with 3 center channels (2 for mains and 1 for the center). My father has 3 NHTs I forgot the model number, but it sounds great. Most center channels are efficent and they get loud. I'd say go for it if you're going for just HT.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Never thought of such a configuration. With the dual tweeters you would actually get 6 tweeters in your front soundstage - may do wonders for localization and creating a wall of sound at the same time (due to timbre matching). What rears are you using?

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
Leon,
My father is using NHT in wall rears along with NHT super ones further back. Has 2 subones and in HT the sound is very balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks