US Cellular pop-up (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Malcolm R said:
In reference to Adam's comment in the closed thread, this is happening a lot more than once a day. I get them on almost every page I open, all day long.
For testing purposes I made a temporary change to your account. Can you log out, log back in and see if you are still getting them?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Also - Malcolm, i logged in as you earlier and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Would you mind trying to delete all your cookies and clear your cache, then re-open your browser and log back into HTF?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Adam Gregorich said:
For testing purposes I made a temporary change to your account. Can you log out, log back in and see if you are still getting them?

Dave Upton said:
Also - Malcolm, i logged in as you earlier and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Would you mind trying to delete all your cookies and clear your cache, then re-open your browser and log back into HTF?

No change. I dumped the cookies and everything in the cache. Signed out of HTF, closed out of Chrome. Still see the pop-up.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
One other question as we try to trace this down. Can you confirm - are you running any sort of addons or preference changes in your browser that blocks cookies or javascript?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
For now Malcolm - I've manually given you an ad free skin. Can you verify if you don't see it anymore?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No changes. Cookies are fully allowed, Javascript is fully allowed. I signed out/closed out again, then logged back in.

Also tried switching to Firefox. No difference.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I just verified that you have no ads - can you please log out/clear cookies then log back in? Afterwards, you should see no banner ads.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That appears to have done it. I signed out, cleared cookies/cache, closed Chrome. Then came back in. Haven't seen it yet.

Update 6:15: It's back.

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Steve_Pannell said:
Here's the one I got today:

Thanks Steve! This helps alot as it shows that you are not going through the two existing code paths that call that ad unit! It at least gives me a clue to be looking in other spots besides the spot that I have been focusing on.

Kevin Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Mark Booth said:
Thank you Adam and Kevin! For what it's worth, the 1x1 ad I'm getting is for Verizon, not US Cellular. As you mentioned, I am getting once a day on my first visit to the forum. I just got it again about 30 seconds ago, but I hadn't read your message yet so I dismissed it. I'll try to remember to grab it tomorrow.

Kevin, Your attachments aren't showing up for me.

Mark

I've added the attachments, again, to the post.

Kevin Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Mark Booth said:
I just got the same one Steve got!

attachicon.gif
HTF Ad.tiff

Mark

I need screen grabs that are full screen, like the one Steve provided to help me debug. I've added images to my initial post that shows what I am looking for.

Kevin Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Malcolm R said:
I'm logged in (using Chrome) and still get these on every single page. Very disruptive. I've also seen the one Steve mentioned which is a video commercial, not just a static ad.

attachicon.gif
US Cellular ad2.JPG

I need screen grabs that are full screen, like the one Steve provided to help me debug. I've added images to my initial post that shows what I am looking for.

Kevin Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Please provide full screen grabs when you see the 1x1. This shows me the debug code and what code path you are going through.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I didn't get one when I first came to HTF this morning and I didn't get it when I first navigated to the "What annoys you?" thread. But, when I backed out of the thread and went directly back to the same thread I got this one:

screen.jpg

Ironic that it happened on that particular thread. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark Booth said:
I'm getting the feeling that Ron is avoiding answering these types of questions. I asked about it a several days ago and, so far, no response:

Actually, no.

Did you check your private messages?

That is how you contacted me. That is how I responded.

Go check now. You will see that I responded almost immediately to your concerns.

I am going to again escalate this issue to our support team.

In the future, I would kindly suggest that an email be sent to: [email protected]

The powers that be will get the problematic issue delivered straight to their mailbox.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw the same one that Steve reported above. Now the US Cellular one is back, too.

VMWare ad.JPG

Kevin Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Steve_Pannell said:
I didn't get one when I first came to HTF this morning and I didn't get it when I first navigated to the "What annoys you?" thread. But, when I backed out of the thread and went directly back to the same thread I got this one:

attachicon.gif
screen.jpg

Ironic that it happened on that particular thread. :)

Thanks Steve, but I need a full screen grab so I can see the top part of the web site. thx.

Kevin Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Malcolm R said:
I saw the same one that Steve reported above. Now the US Cellular one is back, too.

attachicon.gif
VMWare ad.JPG

Thanks Malcom, but I need a full screen grab. Please reference the one that I have in my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexj-12
Recent bookmarks