What's new

Unreleased Disney Movies & TV (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

One of my Holy Grails is a Disney TV Movie, "The Omega Connection." It was a spy action adventure film that only aired once on NBC TV in the late seventies or early eighties. I guess it's more or less nostalgia's sake that I want to see it. I guess I'd add Gummi Bears season 2 and Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers set 3 to the list?

Do any of you have any Disney Holy Grails that haven't shown up in years on either VHS or DVD?

James

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
There are a bunch of Disney tv movies I have on VHS that I want to replace on DVD that Disney has not. They are: the first two zenon movies, Luck Of The Irish (released on DVD but not on region 1), Motocrossed, and Noah (the movie with Tony Danza). Several of these have been released on iTunes and available on download, but Disney has still ignored consumers who do not use this medium. It would be nice if they even gave these movies a bare bones release, but I have little hope it will happen.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see the following various series from the Disneyland anthology show (in its various incarnations) released on DVD:

The Tales of Texas John Slaughter (the complete series of 17 episodes; starring Tom Tryon)

• Texas John Slaughter 10/31/58
  • Ambush at Laredo 11/14/58
  • Killers from Kansas 1/09/59
  • Showdown at Sandoval 1/23/59
  • The Man from Bitter Creek 3/06/59
  • The Slaughter Trail 3/20/59
  • The Robber Stallion 12/04/59
  • Wild Horse Revenge 12/11/59
  • Range War at Tombstone 12/18/59
  • Desperado from Tombstone 2/12/60
  • Apache Friendship 2/19/60
  • Kentucky Gunslick 2/26/60
  • Geronimo’s Revenge 3/04/60
  • End of the Trail 1/29/61
  • A Holster Full of Law 2/05/61
  • A Trip to Tucson 4/16/61
  • Frank Clell’s in Town 4/23/61

Daniel Boone (the complete series of 4 episodes; starring Dewey Martin)

• The Warrior’s Path 12/04/60
  • And Chase the Buffalo 12/11/60
  • The Wilderness Road 3/12/61
  • The Promised Land 3/19/61

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca (the complete series of 10 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Robert Loggia)

• The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca 10/03/58
  • Four Down and Five Lives to Go 10/17/58
  • Lawman or Gunman 11/28/58
  • Law and Order, Incorporated 12/12/58
  • Attorney-at-Law 2/06/59
  • The Griswold Murder 2/20/59
  • Move Along Mustangers 11/13/59
  • Mustang Man, Mustang Maid 11/20/59
  • Friendly Enemies at Law 3/18/60
  • Gus Tomlin is Dead 3/25/60

The Prince and the Pauper (the complete series of 3 episodes starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams)

• The Pauper King 3/11/62
  • The Merciful Law of the King 3/18/62
  • Long Live the Rightful King 3/25/62
  • The 93-minute theatrical release that was released in Europe in 1962

The Swamp Fox (the complete series of 8 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Leslie Nielsen)

• The Birth of the Swamp Fox 10/23/59
  • Brother Against Brother 10/30/59
  • Tory Vengeance 1/01/60
  • Day of Reckoning 1/08/60
  • Redcoat Strategy 1/15/60
  • A Case of Treason 1/22/60
  • A Woman’s Courage 1/08/61
  • Horses for Greene 1/15/61

The Saga of Andy Burnett (the complete series of 6 episodes; starring Jerome Courtland)

• Andy’s Initiation 10/02/57
  • Andy’s First Chore 10/09/57
  • Andy’s Love Affair 10/16/57
  • The Land of Enemies 2/26/58
  • White Man’s Medicine 3/05/58
  • The Big Council 3/12/58

The New Adventures of Davy Crockett (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Tim Dunigan)

• Davy Crockett: Rainbow in the Thunder 11/20/88
  • Davy Crockett: A Natural Man 12/18/88
  • Davy Crockett: Guardian Spirit 1/13/89
  • Davy Crockett: A Letter to Polly 6/11/89
  • Davy Crockett: Warrior’s Farewell 6/18/89

Gallegher (the complete series of 3 episodes; starring Roger Mobley)

• Part 1 1/24/65
  • Part 2 1/31/65
  • Part 3 2/07/65

The Further Adventures of Gallegher (the complete series of 3 episodes)

• A Case of Murder 9/26/65
  • The Big Swindle 10/03/65
  • The Daily Press vs. City Hall 10/10/65

Gallegher Goes West (the complete series of 4 episodes)

• Showdown with the Sundown Kid 10/23/66
  • Crusading Reporter 10/30/66
  • Tragedy on the Trail 1/29/67
  • Trial by Terror 2/05/67

The Mystery of Edward Sims (the complete series of 2 episodes)

• Part 1 3/31/68
  • Part 2 4/07/68

Willie and the Yank (the complete series of 3 episodes that first aired in January 1967)

• The Deserter 1/08/67
  • The Mosby Raiders 1/15/67
  • The Matchmaker 1/22/67
  • The 80-minute theatrical version titled Mosby’s Marauders that was released in Europe in May 1967

The Secret of Boyne Castle (the complete series of 3 episodes)

• Part 1 2/09/69
  • Part 2 2/16/69
  • Part 3 2/23/69
  • The theatrical film released overseas in 1969 under the title Guns in the Heather

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Just wondering IF we'll ever see Song of the South on the DVD or BD formats?

1. Ah, the granddaddy of all "forbidden" movies. I can't say if this gem of a movie will ever be released, but a few years ago it seemed like there would be icicles in gehenna before The Six Million Dollar Man/The Bionic Woman and Batman would ever be released. You never know when a "grail" is going to be released, but this is what makes this hobby so interesting, :D

Last edited:

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
There were a number of 2-part episodes that ran on the Disney anthology series - things like Moochie of Pop Warner Football, The Ballad of Hector the Stowaway Dog and many others. There were also some new animation segments created for the show that would be most welcome to have. I wish they would have released the anthology show in season sets so we would have gotten all of that, plus the other programs that ran on there as well. Now Disney has released some of these through their movie club, but there hasn't been any rhyme or reason as to how they have went about it.

There were also some releases on the Treasures sets, but again some of the releases made no sense. For instance - they only partially released The Swamp Fox total of (8) episodes and the Elfego Baca total of (10) episodes, but I believe Zorro was complete.

The releases of the serials from the Mickey Mouse Club - same thing - we have some serials and not others.

For the Walt era Disney fan it has been good and bad - which is frustrating. I am happy for many of their releases, but the fact we cannot sit down and watch the anthology show in season sets, with Walt Disney himself introducing and sometimes participating in the shows, is a real disappointment.

I know I'm dreaming, but I wish someone would take on the task of getting the Walt era material released in an organized and complete manner.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
There were a number of 2-part episodes that ran on the Disney anthology series - things like Moochie of Pop Warner Football, The Ballad of Hector the Stowaway Dog and many others. There were also some new animation segments created for the show that would be most welcome to have. I wish they would have released the anthology show in season sets so we would have gotten all of that, plus the other programs that ran on there as well. Now Disney has released some of these through their movie club, but there hasn't been any rhyme or reason as to how they have went about it.

There were also some releases on the Treasures sets, but again some of the releases made no sense. For instance - they only partially released The Swamp Fox total of (8) episodes and the Elfego Baca total of (10) episodes, but I believe Zorro was complete.

The releases of the serials from the Mickey Mouse Club - same thing - we have some serials and not others.

For the Walt era Disney fan it has been good and bad - which is frustrating. I am happy for many of their releases, but the fact we cannot sit down and watch the anthology show in season sets, with Walt Disney himself introducing and sometimes participating in the shows, is a real disappointment.
Chris , that's what
I know I'm dreaming, but I wish someone would take on the task of getting the Walt era material released in an organized and complete manner.

Chris , that's what I was alluding to in my earlier post. It's certainly "do-able " , but sadly , the current executives at Disney don't seem to have any interest in such things. Same goes for a definitive release of the Mickey Mouse Club.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Lou, I agree with you. The Disney Company doesn't have an advocate at the company for the Walt era material. I think they have a great archive, so it's not for lack of material. But there is no one left from the original company and the people running the business today seem to have little interest.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The Mickey Mouse Club uses so much pre-existing music, and not just Disney songs, that a comprehensive release of any of the series would be expensive even if they wanted to do it. And when they cranked out those 50th anniversary compilation discs, they ignored the 1970s proto-Facts of Life version completely despite it having been rerun as part of Vault Disney in the few years before the Disney Channel Purge of 2002. The legal issues with Darlene Gillespie* that held up releases of the original were resolved years ago.

The anthology series material is coming out but at a slow pace, and I would wager that a lot of it hasn't been transferred to video in years, and since we're talking five decades of stuff including 29 uninterrupted years on three networks, it'll take awhile. I'd love to see them again; they're like a veritable who's who of the era's TV stars, Hollywood up-and-comers and used-to-bes.

And as for Song of the South I have no news, but all I can say at this point the bad stuff we're not supposed to talk about on HTF that Disney thought wouldn't happen when they shelved the film happened anyway. The effects of mass media on people's behavior is misunderstood and exaggerated; six years later the animation department made an anti-tobacco Goofy cartoon called No Smoking, and it failed to even persuade Walt Disney to give up cigarettes.

*How sadly ironic that Annette died on Darlene's birthday. Right up there with Lucille Ball dying on Carol Burnett's birthday.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yes, Zorro was released complete - twice. Once in the colorized/edited versions and again in restored BW. Both times they were very limited releases and you had to act fast to score copies at "reasonable" prices.

We constantly berate Fox for their lack of releases from their library but I believe Disney is far worst, at least with the "classic" material most people seem to want. I know I'd purchase *complete* releases of The Swamp Fox and Elfego Baca as well as other series which, to this date, saw limited release and now command stupidly high prices (Daniel Boone and Davy Crocket for a couple of examples). I'd also pick up several of those Sean mentioned above.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Lou, I agree with you. The Disney Company doesn't have an advocate at the company for the Walt era material. I think they have a great archive, so it's not for lack of material. But there is no one left from the original company and the people running the business today seem to have little interest.

Current management's only interest in the studio's library and history is in turning it into glorified member berries they have the audacity to call "new" releases. While it was true that the studio made remakes of their own work and other studios' work while Walt was alive and with every corporate administration since his death*, they did not constitute the vast majority of the studio's output until now. When they write the book on the Iger era once he retires, how much of the output created under his watch wasn't a remake, reboot or sequel?

And though it's not a TV show, where's The Three Caballeros? It has a new HD master that has aired on TCM, so what are they waiting for?

*Walt's been dead for 50 years and the company operated while he was alive for 43 years. Let that sink in.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I saw that Pinnochio was rereleased on Blu Ray today. I found that very discouraging. Please House of Mouse, release some stuff that hasn't made it to VHS or digital?

James

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I saw that Pinnochio was rereleased on Blu Ray today. I found that very discouraging. Please House of Mouse, release some stuff that hasn't made it to VHS or digital?

James
Sadly . the release of classic films from the Disney library on Blu-ray via the Disney Movie Club has slowed down quite a bit . Who knows if we'll ever see some of this stuff.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I was wondering if I should keep my membership in the Disney Movie Club. There haven't been any exclusive Blu-ray reissues in at least a couple of months , and the yellow cover DVDs featuring episodes of the anthology TV show have all but disappeared.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I was wondering if I should keep my membership in the Disney Movie Club. There haven't been any exclusive Blu-ray reissues in at least a couple of months , and the yellow cover DVDs featuring episodes of the anthology TV show have all but disappeared.
Doesn't cost anything to keep it. You never know what may turn up.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I'm wondering the same thing, Lou. I've picked up everything I want from the exclusive bluray releases and the Anthology episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks