What's new

Universal Vault Series - Amazon.com exclusive DVD-Rs (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yes I know, I used to own the box set but the only film worth keeping to me is the Cheat...

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Still no P.J., HOUSE OF CARDS, THE PINK JUNGLE and the immortal DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE TRAVELING SALESLADY? How dare they not release the biggest gems in their "Vault!" ;)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Good to see this line is still kicking with a few new exclusive titles emerging.
JoeDoakes said:
If anyone buys it, please report on the quality (or if I buy it, I'll do the same).
I'm pretty sure it's identical to the transfer used on the UK DVD (minus the PAL) which was an official Universal product. On par with the other transfers in the W.C. Fields DVD collections.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I looked on Amazon for Tillie and Gus, but all I saw was someone selling the Nostalgia Company dvd. Where is the Universal version available?

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
B00EVIORN8 is its ASIN. Search for it on Amazon. Not sure how to make HTF-friendly links.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
JoeDoakes said:
I looked on Amazon for Tillie and Gus, but all I saw was someone selling the Nostalgia Company dvd. Where is the Universal version available?
Type in Universal Vault Series, you should find it there.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Professor Echo said:
Still no P.J., HOUSE OF CARDS, THE PINK JUNGLE and the immortal DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE TRAVELING SALESLADY? How dare they not release the biggest gems in their "Vault!" ;)
I would actually order DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE TRAVELING SALESLADY? in a heartbeat. Phyllis Diller, Bob Denver, Joe Flynn, David Hartman and music by Vic Mizzy...and also waiting for THE COCKEYED COWBOYS OF CALICO COUNTY with Dan Blocker, Nanette Fabray and Mickey Rooney.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
GregoryMesh said:
B00EVIORN8 is its ASIN. Search for it on Amazon. Not sure how to make HTF-friendly links.
Argh! I tried to do it using the code I use in my reviews, but it didn't work here. Not sure why, but it didn't.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Received TILLIE AND GUS and CHINA today. I have watched TILLIE, actually for the first time ever, and not only is it a funny film, the transfer is outstanding. CHINA up next. I hope Universal continues their Vault Collection and gives us more early Paramount. The DeMille film is also ordered but was delayed until Monday shipping. Looking forward to that one also.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The process shots for TILLIE AND GUS look very good Now into CHINA and the transfer is excellent except for some of the stock shots of planes on bombing raids. It has some speckles ever so often, but not distracting. It's good to have another Alan Ladd picture available. We need more, a lot more. While I think CHINA has a good transfer, TILLIE AND GUS is better.I wish Fox would pay attention to what Universal, Sony, and Warner is doing with there MOD programs.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Thanks for the comments on China . Mine is in the mail and set to arrive on Monday .

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Thanks Allen for your comments on Tillie and Gus. I just purchased mine, should arrive soon. Here is a brief list of titles that I hope to see released from Universal someday;

Artists and Models Abroad (1937)
Big Broadcast (1932)
Big Broadcast of 1936 (1935)
Big Broadcast of 1937 (1936)
Buck Benny Rides Again (1940)
College Holiday (1936)
Follow the Boys (1944)
If I Had a Million (1932)
Let's Face It (1943)
Love Thy Neighbor (1940)
Man About Town (1939)
Many Happy Returns (1934)
Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch (1934)
Myrt and Marge (1933)
Night life of the Gods (1935), this particular title may have some legal issues
Some Like It Hot (1939)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Thanks Allen for your comments on Tillie and Gus. I just purchased mine, should arrive soon. Here is a brief list of titles that I hope to see released from Universal someday;

Big Broadcast (1932)
College Holiday (1936)
Follow the Boys (1944)
Let's Face It (1943)
Love Thy Neighbor (1940)
Man About Town (1939)
Myrt and Marge (1933)
Some Like It Hot (1939)
More Jack Benny and W.C. Fields would be great. It's really annoying that Universal has released only one of Benny's films for Paramount.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Hey, P.J. and House of Cards is George Peppard at his best, save for The Blue Max. All three directed by John Guillerman.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

Big Broadcast (1932)
College Holiday (1936)
Follow the Boys (1944)
Let's Face It (1943)
Love Thy Neighbor (1940)
Man About Town (1939)
Myrt and Marge (1933)
Some Like It Hot (1939)
Great list. I would add Harold Lloyd's PROFESSOR BEWARE, which I taped off of AMC too many years ago.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
John Morgan said:
Great list. I would add Harold Lloyd's PROFESSOR BEWARE, which I taped off of AMC too many years ago.
Yes! I'm hoping Criterion managed to license it now that their digging into the films of the Harold Lloyd estate, but as long as it turns up somewhere. Strange that Universal has just been sitting on what is essentially the only major studio-owned Lloyd film. It seems to have never even gotten a VHS release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks