What's new

Universal fire - Decca material lost? (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
From the Bing Crosby Internet Museum message board this week:

If this is true, and Universal publically has denied anything was lost despite persistent reports to the contrary, this is a tragic loss of an important piece of American cultural history.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I don't even want to think about what they're not telling the public about what may have been lost. It will be years before we know the full extent of the loss....if ever.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiosity....what is the vault of a record company made of? Given the cultural and monetary value of what's being protected, I'd imagine there's some sophisticated fire protection system build for the vault....right? I sure hope so.

The vault for Hong Kong Universal Music was almost completely destroyed that the footage of the huge fire is regularly shown on American TV in one of those "Most Shocking" reality TV shows.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I recall reading somewhere that the Decca recording weren't owned by Universal, but that they had rented the space to the company who owned them. Does anybody know if this is true?

If that is so, that could give some credibility to Universal saying "We didn't lose anything!"

This is truly sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks