Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Richard Gallagher

Underworld U.S.A. Blu-ray Review
Underworld-U.S.A.-2-1024x555.jpg

Underworld U.S.A. is a violent and compelling film noir from director Samuel Fuller. It has been released on Blu-ray by Twilight Time with an exceptional high-definition transfer courtesy of Sony.

[review]

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Many thanks for this review.

I was going to pounce on this disc but I've noticed that a full Sam Fuller Blu-ray box set which includes this film is coming out in the U. K. any day now.

The theme of a criminal choosing to avenge himself on his father's killers by working within the system was previously used in The Black Hand with, of all people, Gene Kelly. I must watch that again soon.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Rich. And my list of TT discs to buy keeps getting longer and longer

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Many thanks for this review.
The theme of a criminal choosing to avenge himself on his father's killers by working within the system was previously used in The Black Hand with, of all people, Gene Kelly. I must watch that again soon.

I haven't seen it in decades and I don't remember much about it. I may pick it up when the next Warner Archive sale rolls around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks