What's new

Uh, Avia and my sub...what's the deal? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
CJ Chang
Ok, I got Avia today and calibrated the speakers and video. The only major problem I ran into was calibrating the sub (Energy S8.2). Avia says the sub should read 70 when the LF reads 70, right? But whenever the LF is 70, the sub is way out there somewhere. Do I have a setting wrong for my sub or something? Do I set the subwoofer mode to NORMMAL? Do I adjust the bass level? Please help...newbie alert. Oh yeah, I'm using a digital coax btw

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
How is the sub connected to your amp. Are your other speakers set to "large" or "small"? Where is the x-over set in your amp and on the sub? Be more specific about what the sub sounds like. (if you've set everything up correctly, the sub should sound like an extension of the rest of the system, probably a lot quieter than you had it set by ear).

Once we have more info., we'll be able to advise you better.

Larry

Real Name
CJ Chang
I'm just using a coax from the subwoofer cxn on the 1602 to the xover cxn on the sub. All the speakers are set to small and I didn't make any changes to xover that the sub is connected to. LFE is at default (0db) and as for how the subwoofer sounds...well, it sounds fine to me, just that it isn't at 70 when the LF is at 70. I'm probably missing something obvious, just don't know what exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks